The one show!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Her Lushness View Post
    Okay, I'd guess "secret Wingman" is probably Biggles, but who's "Virtual Sam Smith"?

I'm PsychoDame by the way!
    my guess is;

SecretWingman is Karl and VirtualSamSmith is Rich
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Not me. Read it earlier, but not posted on it. I'm shy..

Comment

Then its Tuco....and he linked to the video of the one show segment on your youtube account?
        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Correct, secretWingman to the rescue, sorry it's just what sprung to mind
          As for our "Virtual Sam Smith" well I thought it might have been Tuco, following the thread he posted regarding youtube ??? I could well be wrong.
          Discount Home Brew Supplies
          Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
          Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
          National Wine Judge
          N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Ere it's better than 'I spy' this init
            Discount Home Brew Supplies
            Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
            Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
            National Wine Judge
            N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Thanks for the link Duff!

Great show. Must have cut the part about your humble beginnings Bob.

Comment

hahaha

yes Pat

early days of posting stupid questions on winepress.us, and your good self and Glenvall sorting me out....

happy days indeed
                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Originally posted by billy View Post
                  Yes you are right but the name escapes me, and if I remember it only covered beermaking... which I think is far harder and needs much more kit

I think folk think its easier to make beer than wine... and thats is where they go wrong, probably because it takes wine so long to age.

without the great advice on this website I too would have found winemaking tough going as the internet and out dated books cloud the way to make wine with all kinds of misleading methods... in my opinion.

Of course I think the general public will always have in the back of their mind the words Grahame Norton said..."It's OK... at least I didn't vomit" when thinking about home made anything. (no fancy branding or high st status... no Mc or i infront of the title!)

iWine... got a ring to it no?
                  I only saw a couple of episodes but i do remember he did a wine kit on one of them then took it to somebody involved in the wine scene to do some blind testing and they rated it better than the commercial stuff it was up against. Yeah Graham didn't really help the cause.

Comment

Originally posted by danpug View Post
                    -----%<-----
                    Yeah Graham didn't really help the cause.
                    A single, rather foolish, dismissive remark like that can take a long time to remedy.

GN might know the square root of "bog all" about wine making, but because he's on the telly, all of a sudden he's "an expert".

Still, we wouldn't have had much choice in trying to select which "guest" happened to be on when they showed the article. It's my understanding that the producers/directors (and probably presenters) are rather "protective" of all aspects of editorial control.

So if any of us were foolish enough to complain about it in any way, we'd probably just receive a patronising reply in the "we know best about that kind of thing" manner.

It's why I said about being rather disappointed in the way it was shown, presented and linked to other parts of the programme.

If nothing else, I still thought that Bob did a good effort at presenting our POV, even if the shows presenters/journo's/guest, did p155 on our bonfire a little after the article.....

Ah well, lets just do our best to keep plugging away......

regards

JtFB
                    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Originally posted by fatbloke View Post
                      If nothing else, I still thought that Bob did a good effort at presenting our POV
                      Definitely.

Comment

Any upsurge in new members since the program? Have we got some new converts who saw it first on the One show?
                        To err is human.. to drink divine...

Comment

Originally posted by Andirou View Post
                          Any upsurge in new members since the program? Have we got some new converts who saw it first on the One show?
                          Bob's the man to know that, though I'd suspect a week or two for the idea to sink in, then a week or so of people beating the hell out of google before they find WAH and that we're not a bad bunch......

Plus some time to do a bit of reading to learn that WAH is very well moderated and that the mean spirits and other types of "ring piece" aren't tolerated (all praise to Bob in that matter).

Though what they might have thought of that "alchemists' paradise" or whatever else he calls the garage/brewshop/etc and when they find out that he wears "lumberjack" shirts and not a checked sports jacket with leather patched sleeves.............. well that'll be the end of the new recruits wont it

regards

JtFB
                          Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Thanks Rich for the youtube link for us Americans.
                            I especially liked the "DIY Hooch" drink: and the "I'm very impressed"
                            I thought you did a good job Bob.
                            But I didn't see a dj of parsnip on the go.
                            Hootus est

Comment

Originally posted by fatbloke View Post
                              Though what they might have thought of that "alchemists' paradise" or whatever else he calls the garage/brewshop/etc and when they find out that he wears "lumberjack" shirts and not a checked sports jacket with leather patched sleeves.............. well that'll be the end of the new recruits wont it

regards

JtFB
                              John...
                              thats just so funny on a million different levels, you are indeed, a top banana!
                              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Originally posted by grandmawoods View Post
                                But I didn't see a dj of parsnip on the go.
                                yes it was there....it was that nasty brown oxidised brew to the right at the start of the sequence

N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Working...
                                X