• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sundried tomato and olive

yum scrum
    Attached Files
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
      Sundried tomato and olive bread and Greek fetaa cheese and olive bread
      They both sound good!
      Steve

Comment

• well....

they proved very popular at work
        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Just got a new Zinfandel Blush kit on the go. I like that variety loads! Gonna be picking up a California Connoisseur Pinot Grigio kit tomorrow.
          Feel the Zin

Comment

• Yesterday, bottled another gal of Beer No.1, got a gallon of Tropical White on the go.
            Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Yesterday night, bottled the 2010 GF Monte; plus 38 bottles of 'Grapefest Guzzler' Golden Ale and 48 bottles of 'Cascade Ale'......busy boy!!!
              "There are 10 types of people who understand Binary; those that do and those that don't.........."

Comment

• A bit of bottle cleaning today, and a quick stock-take: around 430 bottles on the racks, and 70 gals either ageing or waiting to be bottled.
                Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Trying out a Lychee wine which is merrily bubbling away now.

I've also got a CC Pinot Grigio and a CC Zinfandel Blush on the go too.

Running out of room.
                  Feel the Zin

Comment

• Desperate to prepare some bottles for bottling. Glycerine bench trials for Plum and Sultana 2010.
                    Blending Cab Sauvignon / Merlot and adding a little more oak.
                    Simon
                    "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

• Quite tired this morning due to late night in the winery. Racked, (tried) and filtered Calif Conn Cab Sauv kit. Delicious but took an absolute age to filter the 5 gallons through my trusty Harris. Would really love to get my hands on an enolmatic with filter attachment to degas, filter and botttle in one go.
                      Also degassed Grapefest Merlot and add some KwikClear. Deposit settling nicely this morning.
                      Ordered some bits and pieces from Karl - planning to use oak in merlot, cab sauv blend once fining is finished.
                      Simon
                      "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

• Just bottled 19L of Rose based on wine#1 recipe. Delicious ! In the process of putting down 12L of turbo cider with honey and a couple of litres of blueberry juice (cause they were lying around). 2 x 5L batches of tinned fruit wine ready to transfer to secondary fermenters later today. Finally starting to build up some stock

Comment

• Nothing going on in my winery today. We are expecting upwards of 100 people at our house tomorrow for a grad party.

I expect there will be some drinking going on in my winery tomorrow.
                          Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
                            I expect there will be some drinking going on in my winery tomorrow.
                            Great - plenty of spare space in your wine racks = more capacity to make even more wine.
                            Enjoy.
                            Simon

Comment

• orange,peach&passion fruit juice drink_wine.

Just started two gallons of orange,peach&passion fruit juice wine.

ingredientsto make one gallon.
                              1lt-orange,peach&passion fruit juice drink.
                              1lt-grape juice { red or white }
                              750g-sugar.
                              1tsp-G-P yeast.
                              water to top up.

this wine is very i have just finish off a gallon last week.

Comment

• Morning (till 1pm) spent weeding, summer pruning and tying in of vines, then got rained off!

So this afternoon i have been mashing a Dark Mild

and have tried out some experimental stuff using hopped light spraymalt from a method handed to me by the Federations judges co-ordinator, it is a modified version of David Aris' 5 beers from 1 tin of extract.

Method:

place ingredients (except yeast) and 7 pints of cold water in a pan, bring to the boil for 5 minutes (yes 5, thats right) pour into bucket through seive. Sparge with one pint of hot water. Make up t 1 Gallon Allow to cool and pitch yeast. Ferment in bucket till main foaming has subsided, then rack tto DJ for a week or so, then rack of main sediment and dissolve 16 grams white sugar or golden syrup, stirring well, and bottle

Seems really easy eh?

1st batch was a fruit beer:

500g hopped light spraymalt
                                1/2 jar home made apricot jam
                                50 grams crushed pale malt extract
                                50 grams crushed crystal malt extract
                                15 grams challenger hops

Next up a Dry stout:

500g hopped light spraymalt
                                225 grams crushed pale malt
                                85 grams crushed chocolate malt
                                150 grams flaked barley
                                150 grams demerara sugar
                                30 grams Fuggles hops

Both cooling as I type, and both smell and look fab
                                Attached Files
                                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Working...
                                X