X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 gallon tropicana tropical (wine 1) started
    5 gallon beaverdale grenache rose
    racked 1 gallon of elderberry and blackberry from primary

bottled 40 pint EDME wheat beer kit, tastes a bit 'thin' hoping it will be better in a few weeks. Gonna try a darker kit next time or maybe a more expensive 10 litre type.

Comment

• Use-stuff-from-the-freezer wines:

Started a gallon of sparkling elderflower, and three one-gallon batches of Wine No.1 variants, mainly using combinations of elderflower syrup and greengage juice.

Oh, and a gallon of rhubarb, using the freeze-thaw method.
      Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• orange cordial with a hint of honey-wine

Just started two gallons of orange cordial with a hint of honey wine

Comment

• Pete, How do you make your Greengage juice?
          Steamer, press, freezer,??
          I don't want to count my chickens (gages) but at the moment we have a really good crop in prospect and I wondered how to best save them.

Comment

• Mine were steam-juiced. It seems to have preserved the flavour, even after freezing the juice for 9 months. I'm not sure whether steAming will have released pectins though.
            Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Stabilising some kit wines today, then will be looking at degassing and clearing.
              Feel the Zin

Comment

• Bottles 15 1/2 bottles of 1yo plum wine last night. Panicked as winery at full capacity and GF is shortly to be 'pon us. Plenty of work to do but feel good about having some capacity returned. SWMBO will not allow (yet) purchase of larger winery.
                Simon
                "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

• For the last month, I've really been too busy on other projects to spend much time in the winery. I hope to change that this weekend, though, and finally bottle some neglected wines.
                  Steve

Comment

• I had an 18-hour work day yesterday, so I decided to give myself Friday off.

I bottled my Cellar Rat Yeast Trial wine, along with a bit of parsnip (ducks for cover).

Racked my WE Luna Rossa, which appears to have fermentated like a mad thing down to 1.000 and then stopped dead.
                    Pete the Instructor

Comment

• started again

just startwed brewing again after moving house and decorating etc
                      so in last 10 days got 7 g of wine no1 1 g of fruiet cocktail 1g of solomon grundys apricot and 1 g of beaverdale chard all bubberling away nicely withe lots more to come

Comment

• Topping-up lots of WN1 variants with elderflower syrup and greengage juice.
                        Pete the Instructor

Comment

• busy day today, bottled a muntons continental lager kit, racked 5gl of elderflower champers and started of a 7 day pinot, had to sample a beaverdale sauv blanc to get over the exertion and have to say it makes it all worth while. will bottle the elder in a day or three as its almost completely dry and then start a 5gl of wine no.1 as i had a sneaky taste of my 1gl batch and decided it's certainly good enough at this point to be worth making (a lot) more of

Comment

• Started a Californian Fumé Blanc Advintage Celebration del Mondo kit this afternoon with the help of my 6 year old son. Had a bit of trouble with the yeast (Lalvin EC1118) as it didn't seem to rehydrate properly. The yeast showed little interest in showing any signs of life to start with but eventually a few bubbles appeared just as I was about to open another packet. Patience was required.

Comment

• Co2 pipe make a good connector for siphon hose
                              Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• Bottled a gallon of CC Pinot Grigio and a gallon of CC Zinfandel Blush. Stabilised the Lychee Wine @13%APV. Checked the SGs on the Barolo, Zinfandel, Sauvignon Blanc and White Zinfandel.

Not a lot to do for the next few days with the Wines
                                Feel the Zin

Comment

Working...
                                X