Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stabilised my 5 gallon Beaverdale Vieux Chateau Du Roi.
    Bottled some ginger wine.
    Racked my blackcurrant wine.
    Racked a Young's Definative Plum wine. Not impressed with it though.
    Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
    Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
    -Police Squad

Comment

• Originally posted by koomber View Post
      Racked a Young's Definative Plum wine. Not impressed with it though.
      You might find this is a good blending wine... Or a good topper upper
      Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Racked 3 gallon of greengage and added the strawberry syrup to the strawberry wine i stabilised yesterday
        With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

• I am just about to start off a Sauvignon Blanc, that I got cheap from my local HBS, as it was near its sell by date...
          I have never heard of it before....
          Its a "Moments" make.... which is made by Hambelton Bard.

I am also going to start off a Selection Cab Sav, that has been in the cupboard for sometime

Oh... and before that, I will be racking my Pinot Grigio
          Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Bottled a gallon of pomegranate number 1
            To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
            A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Checking oak levels yesterday.

Black Cherry Port is about right, as is my Ciliegiolo port.

Merlot - I compared oaked with unoaked. The oaked version is smoother and 'darker' tasting, but not overly oaky. Maybe I'll leave it a bit longer, and if I overdo it I'll blend with some of the unoaked version. It has a lump of toasted oakbarrel suspended in it, so I'm on a voyage of discovery.
              Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• shopping .... 5 gallon wide-necked FV, in time for a 10 gallon production line of various elderflower wines. couple of kits inc beaverdale du roi, lots of yeasts for ongoing comparative brews (conclusive results already coming through).

And dipping into the "cellar" for comparative tastings of old and young versions of the same(ish) wines. the younger (a year) improved recipes have the edge. Makes me and the better half happy. better be off to blog it in detail!
                To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
                A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• i WAS going to do lots of racking and a bit of bottling, but our mains power is a bit dodgy - don't want the Minijet/Enolmatic quitting halfway through
                  Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Surprised you've not got a spare ups to use..

Comment

• Decided to use gravity for racking instead - reliable and free
                      Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Bottling 1 gallon off dry strawberry and 5 gallon lichee
                        With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

• transfered my christmas pudding dessert wine into a DJ. Very tasty

Comment

• Today I are be mostly fettling me ports.

The Ciliegiolo port is racked and will now be forgotten about for a month.

The Black Cherry port has received what I hope is its final racking before bottling for the Grapefest 2010 taste-off (against Rich's version).

The elderberry / blackberry / chocolate concoction has had a touch more cocoa powder added.
                            Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Went through the freezer yesterday in anticipation of the broad beans coming in soon (and the rhubarb already ) Put into buckets to defrost:
                              • 2 kg raspberries (to 1 gallon)
                              • 4 kg elderberries (to 2 gallons)
                              • 1.5 kg damsons (to 1 gallon)
                              • 2 kg elderberries; 1kg blackberries; 1kg sloes; 500g blackcurrants (to 2 gallons)

Hopefully they'll have defrosted and I'll find time tonight to take measurements.

Comment

• Originally posted by benarnold View Post
                                Went through the freezer yesterday in anticipation of the broad beans coming in soon (and the rhubarb already ) Put into buckets to defrost:
                                • 2 kg raspberries (to 1 gallon)
                                • 4 kg elderberries (to 2 gallons)
                                • 1.5 kg damsons (to 1 gallon)
                                • 2 kg elderberries; 1kg blackberries; 1kg sloes; 500g blackcurrants (to 2 gallons)

Hopefully they'll have defrosted and I'll find time tonight to take measurements.
                                That sounds like a good port in the making there.

Today, cleaned some bottles that have been cluttering up the kitchen. Then knocked up a limoncello vaguely following an internet recipe, with some cheap lemons.

Racked the raspberry chocolate port too, that had a lot of lees.

Comment

Working...
                                X