This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Added finings to the Luna Rossa.

Prepared my cultured yeast bread starter (Giles) and the sourdough bread starter (Trevor) for their next assignments.
    Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Filtered White Zin, Sauvignon Blanc, Lychee and Barolo. Zinfandel hasn't cleared yet so I'll filter that once the Liebfraumilch that I've started today has finished.
      Feel the Zin

Comment

• still no rhubarb, you can't rely on people lol.

racked my lychee this mornng, smells great so looking forward to that one and put a st peters golden ale on this evening, the hop sachet clumped a bit so i need to find a better way to add it.

my first batch of wine number 1 has finally come to an end so i will stabilise and de-gas tomorrow and at the same time take my kiwis out of the freezer and set them going.

Comment

• Racked 5 Gals sol grundy piesporter, 5 gallons wine 1, 5 gallon pacific quartet and 5 gallons beaverdale grenache rose.

Started 2x gallons strawberry wine (strawberries picked from two local PYO's). Started a st peters 32 pint IPA (really looking forward to this).

I'm almost up to date with my brewing jobs but I do have a Brewferm triple beer to start which I can't wait for need to wait for space first though

Comment

• I have started two gallons of raspberry wine today, and its already fermenting

I did not get any wild raspberrys last year the rain made them turn rotten

Comment

• Got your lounge up to 35c toasting some oak staves in our log burning stove. Very popular! Should add a yumy oakiness through.
              Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• Bottled some Barolo, Lychee and Zinfandel today. Very productive!
                Feel the Zin

Comment

• 40 bottles of Marzepan Oktoberfest Lager (lager of my own devising) bottled. After 60 days in the secondry at damn near 0°C I'm expecting it to be somewhat tasty. Certainly the taster I took off and chilled in the fridge is a good indication.
                  And it should come out at a beefy 5.5%. Das ist sehr gut!
                  Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
                  Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
                  -Police Squad

Comment

• used my wizz stick for the first time today in a 5gallon dj of wine no1 and it came out the top like a volcano all over the kitchen floor . cleaned it up quick before she noticed .
                    ooppppssss

Comment

• Racking 2 gallons strawberry wine (from fresh fruit)

Bottled, 9 litres belgian triple, 32 pint St peters ipa kit

started 4 gallon elderberry wine (to blend with acidic blackberry!)

Comment

• bottled 1 gallon of burgundaise rich red
                        Now have 6 empty djs so will have to fix that tomorrow .

Comment

• busy day on the home brew front, bottled 34 pints of st. Peters golden ale followed by 34 pints of Muntons Connoisseurs Export Pilsner with brew enhancer and a saaz hop tea, hoping for something approaching Peroni *fingers crossed*

on top of that my lychee had fermented to dry so have racked and sorbated that, racked and fed my "karl's citrus aperitif" and started a 7 day riesling.

the beer took up so much of my day that i didn't get as far as starting my kenridge classic pinot grigio.

i think i have now reached the happy point where supply has overtaken demand and am now going to focus on quality and bulk ageing in time for december, so to go with the pinot i will probably start a beaverdale rioja and barolo fairly soon before sticking the 3 in carboys for a few months

Comment

• Added gooseberry to my Wine No.1 + Gooseberry

Primed a Sparkling Elderflower

Degassed and stabilised a couple of other Wine No.1 variants.
                            Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Originally posted by billybuntus View Post
                              Racking 2 gallons strawberry wine (from fresh fruit)

Bottled, 9 litres belgian triple, 32 pint St peters ipa kit

started 4 gallon elderberry wine (to blend with acidic blackberry!)
                              How do you find the St Peters IPA kit? I've had it bottle conditioning since 4 July. I'm hopeful this will be nice and hoppy. Body?

I've currently got 5 gallons of Beaverdale Shiraz just finishing (about .995 at minute). Im intending to dive straight in and do a shiraz rose off the lees once i've racked. The one gallon experiment i did last year was ace.
                              A day without wine is a day without sunshine!

Comment

• Originally posted by owlwithoutfeathers View Post
                                How do you find the St Peters IPA kit? I've had it bottle conditioning since 4 July. I'm hopeful this will be nice and hoppy. Body?

I've currently got 5 gallons of Beaverdale Shiraz just finishing (about .995 at minute). Im intending to dive straight in and do a shiraz rose off the lees once i've racked. The one gallon experiment i did last year was ace.
                                I've not tried it yet this is my first st peters kit but I'm really looking forward to it. I'll let you know if I open a bottle before you do

Comment

Working...
                                X