Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottling 30 bottles of Pacific quartet and racking various 5 gallon kits and starting to make some apple wine in hommage to grapefest.

Comment

• Just finished a little bit of grape processing in Bob's winery

Day going well so far.

Comment

• I 've just lost my Grapefest virginity, what a great day and what a great bunch of guys

Comment

• chop chop Rob, want to enter the raffle?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich View Post
            chop chop Rob, want to enter the raffle?
            You called that a raffle? It looked like you had to be a relative of Karl to stand any chance.

Comment

• H/M elderberry wine.

I have started two gallons of elderberry wine today
              as well as a 40 pint EDME lager kit.

Comment

• 2 Gallons of brown Rice & Raisin wine fermenting away for the next 10 days in the FB

Comment

• Mucho pressing
                  Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• Pressed my Marquette wine this afternoon.

Tonight I am doing the barrel dance (emptying, blending, cleaning, and refilling).

Just took last year's Cabernet out of the barrel a few minutes ago and had a taste. Delicious!
                    Steve

Comment

• Lots of cap punching
                      N.G.W.B.J.
                      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Today will see a lot of tidying up going on.. It looks like a bomb site round here.

Comment

• After pressing and tasting yesterday, I now have Porsche!
                          Last edited by Cellar_Rat; 22-09-2011, 09:21 AM.
                          Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• After attaching my new (Karl's) vacuum pump to a piece of wood and wiring it up to a plug, drilling a couple of holes in a couple of rubber bungs and attaching some tubes I vacuum racked some of my Grapefest ferments off the gross lees.

Superb bit of kit and one of my favourite pieces of wine making equipment now (remember that thread).
                            For those of you with one who are tempted to do away the overflow jar - don't. I nearly did but was really glad I didn't, particualrly when topping up.
                            Simon
                            "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

• My winery has expanded from the kitchen and has now taken over the garage and the bedroom I was supposed to be decorating this week. It has even attempted a land grab from the garden. My winery could teach Hitler a thing or two.

Comment

• lol. Mine too but when it moved toward Stalingrad (represented by the study) it was beaten back by fierce resistance (represented by SWMBO).
                                Simon
                                "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

Working...
                                X