This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still labelling
    Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Racked, filtered and bottled 29.33 bottles of the Seyval/muscat blend (85/15)

carbonated 20.33 bottles of it, 20 750ml bottles and one 250ml for VWC

8 bottles put aside for competitions and one to be consumed during VWC tonight, it is, even if i say so myself, really quite good.

Also bottles 1 gallon lager and one gallon stout for competitions
      Attached Files
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• And for the first time since I moved in here there are no active ferments going on in my kitchen (1st thing unpacked was a fermenter, and a wine was started before anything else happened)

must get one started
        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• The Seyval/Muscat sounds nice, where were the grapes from? You must have a hell of a lot of wine!

Comment

• Nothing today.

I have been trying to get ahead with my work, so I can spend some time working on the wine tomorrow without Mrs. G 'commenting' on the state of the kitchen
            Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Labelling alllllllllllllllllllllll done
              Just the ribbons to go on now ...
              But I NEED to make some scones first
              Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Originally posted by danpug View Post
                The Seyval/Muscat sounds nice, where were the grapes from? You must have a hell of a lot of wine!
                the Seyval came from a grower in Stratford, and the muscat were given to me by Stuart at the vine house (he's a real nice guy)

there was only enough white muscat to make about 1 1/2 gals, the seyval had 1/2 gal added to it, the other gal of muscat still hasnt cleared of its own accord.....need to look at it.
                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Was that the vineyard you were hoping to buy a load of grapes off? What happened with that in the end? i haven't been around much lately!

Comment

• Started the Luna Rossa WinExpert Kit
                    Added Gooseberry juice to WN1
                    Tested gravity of Mondego Medium Dry Red (it's there - check to confirm tomorrow)

Comment

• Originally posted by danpug View Post
                      Was that the vineyard you were hoping to buy a load of grapes off? What happened with that in the end? i haven't been around much lately!

we bought 1.9 tons in the end...my share was 309 kilos

Karl had some, richard s had some goldseal had some.

mine is mostly given over to sparkling wine (about 9 gallons) and i have 8 bottles (non sparkling) for comps
                      N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Very nice!

Comment

• Cherry brandy, very nice.
                          Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• nothing.........

Nothing is happening in my "winery"..........

Not through choice but because I'm stuck in the truck for the night in a layby on the Warwick bypass.......

Still, it was good to meet up with Daniel (Delmonteman) to drop off the 1/2 gall DJ's that he and Ric (UKRIC) had asked for.

A thorough nice chap Daniel and hopefully a happy customer ;-)

But as for the wine making ? Well been mulling over what to make as it's not that there's any rush but I need to make some space in the fridge and freezer.........

regards

jtfb
                            Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

• Originally posted by fatbloke View Post
                              Still, it was good to meet up with Daniel (Delmonteman) to drop off the 1/2 gall DJ's that he and Ric (UKRIC) had asked for.

A thorough nice chap Daniel and hopefully a happy customer ;-)
                              Yep, definately a happy customer here! Thanks again jtfb. I'm recovering from all that washing and wishing those mail order bungs/ airlocks would hurry up!

Comment

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
                                I have been trying to get ahead with my work, so I can spend some time working on the wine tomorrow without Mrs. G 'commenting' on the state of the kitchen
                                Foiled again.

I was going to bottle my WE Pacific Quartet, but I don't have any quality corks in the cupboard. I like to use decent corks on these kits a) becuase the wine is expensive, and b) it needs to age. It is sitting on the fine lees resulting from the fining process - I could rack and top-up, but that is one more exposure to the air, and I don't really want to top up with a different wine. I guess it will be OK on the fine lees for another week or two.

Never mind, I have half a dozen other jobs to do.
                                Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Working...
                                X