Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racked a Kenridge Showcase New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc tonight and it is certainly showing promise. Great taste, great bouquet, can't wait until next summer for a proper taste.

Comment

• Started two Vintners kits today, with the grape skins from GF11, I've had these in the freezer for the last two months until I had time and space to make the kits up.

In trouble at home, I've got them in the kitchen to ferment as it's quite cold outside now. (mainly for me so I don't have to keep going out to the garage to push the cap down)

Comment

• A quick stock-take, followed by a visit to the local HBS to stock up.

Unfortunately, Leominster Homebrews is shutting its doors. This is a real pity, because it is one of the best I have dealt with. I need to stock up before they shut, but I feel like a bit of a vulture in doing so
        Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• That's a shame the LHBS is closing, I often ask how business is when I visit either of my local stores and they both report trade has strengthened since the recession started.

Originally posted by goldseal View Post
          A quick stock-take, followed by a visit to the local HBS to stock up.

Unfortunately, Leominster Homebrews is shutting its doors. This is a real pity, because it is one of the best I have dealt with. I need to stock up before they shut, but I feel like a bit of a vulture in doing so

Comment

• Bottled 2 gallons of No2 (1 of Cranberry - nice, 1 of Blueberry - even nicer! ), racked 1 gallon of blackberry and 2 gallons of Apple and Blackberry.
            Now just planning what to go into the empty demi's when i return from work

Comment

• The gilliogogorioloorilio is coming good, racked it today. Racked the primitivo too while I had the pump out. Its now had some air and some sulhite! That's my Novmeber jobs done then. Bottled some beer to. Been a nice day!
              Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• Less than a £5.00 to make 2 gallons of wine.

Just started 2 gallons of fruit juice wine.
                1 Tropical pineapple,orange & mango juice.
                1 Cranberry & raspberry juice.

Comment

• Put on a Beaverdale Muscadet used Gervin D and spring water. Back sweetened my first wine number 2 with red gape juice to a smidge above 1000 we like dry wine so I can take it a little further but we'll give it a week and have a taste. Bottled 30 bottles of white wine number one called it "Vina Sol". Checked the Kenridge Classic Pinot and it's not even started clearing in a week may be co2 so gave it a stern look and a very agressive shake. It came with isinglass and not the usual two part finings should it take this long? Bottled the Woodfordes Nog in swing tops primed with light spray malt that should be ready in March. Put some neutrient in a white wine number one Seems to have stuck a little at 1000 but that could be temperature as I've knocked the thermostat on my little heater and it's been off for a while. (But this is in the house under the stairs so it's not been cold cold and the Nog went Ok with out sticking.) Cellars in for a bashing as the inlaws arrive today. Pete
                  Last edited by RTPFUN; 25-11-2011, 03:27 PM.
                  Life would be better if I could brew it as fast as we drink it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted.B View Post
                    That's a shame the LHBS is closing, I often ask how business is when I visit either of my local stores and they both report trade has strengthened since the recession started.
                    The local council has increased its parking charges, so unless you live within a mile or two it's cheaper to do mail-order.
                    Pete the Instructor

Comment

• A partial success with my first ML chromatography thingy today (i.e. a total failure).

Everything went fine up until 30 minutes after the paper went into the jar. I had put it in without rolling into a loose tube. The solution weakened the paper and it slumped further into the solution, way above the line of dots I had carefully placed on it.

Oh well, next time I'll roll into a cylinder and staple.
                      Pete the Instructor

Comment

• And thought it was just me - keep us posted with your next go!
                        Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• Imminent.

Armed with a roll of sticky tape this time
                          Pete the Instructor

Comment

• And we're off.

2 minutes after kicking it off, I realised that it'll be ready to come out of the jar in 6 - 8 hours. That's somewhere between 2.30 and 4.30. am.

QUACK!QUACK!QUACK!QUACK! it.

Where's the alarm clock? .....
                            Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Just started 3 recipes from the Award Winning Wines book, Burgundy style, Chianti style and Barolo style. Unlike Pete I am going to get a full nights sleep

Comment

• quacking thing drove me quaking bonkers

Comment

Working...
                                X