This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started a Californian Connoisseur Pinot Grigio and a Winexpert
    German Muller Thurgau (watch out with this one the add-back pack has sorbate in it so no naughty putting it in at the start and fermenting it to dry) came with dried elderflowers too. Then the tedious task of sorting all the bottles from over Christmas and New Year anyway it did feel good to see 64 bottles all cleaned and label free.
    Life would be better if I could brew it as fast as we drink it!

Comment

• And those bottles came in handy. Bottled a Beaverdale Muscadet Kit and filtered a Kenridge Classic Pinot Grigio ready for bottling over the week end.

Comment

• Got the last of the Grapefest wines out into the garage.

Started a winexpert Gruener Veltliner kit. Note this is a 2010 Ltd Editon kit, such is the backlog I have
        Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• I will, I will, I will bottle that wine tonight...(and then put another batch on...!)

Comment

• First batch of the New Year is now developing a lovely topping a Beaverdale Pinot Noir with Lalvin RC212 sprinkled on top.

Comment

• Originally posted by mark g View Post
              Just started 2 gallons of fruit juice wine for less than a £5
              ingredients to make 1 gallon.

1lt-vitafit multivitamin mixed fruit juice.
              1lt-vitafit red grape juice.
              1kg-sugar.
              mineral water ( or tap water )
              1tsp-GP yeast compound.
              Does anybody know if the fermentation process affects the nutritional value of the ingredients? Is this a good source of vitamins still? Is wine one of your five a day?

Comment

• Been waiting for a delivery for some time so to keep the wine cupboard full (after all I'm heating it) I've put on a wine #1 with Lalvin K1V. (the natives prefer it made with this yeast) The German Muller Thurgau now at 1010 was racked into secondary. And a wine #1 racked into little bottler bucket and bottles cleaned ready for tonights bottling.

Comment

• Relocated the winery back to the dining room

Comment

• Just started 2 gallons of pearl barley wine, but this time i used 2lt of white grape juice instead of 1kg of raisins.

Comment

• Ribena juice wine, NOT cordial.

Just started 2 gallons of Ribena juice wine

ingredients
                      2lt-Ribena juice.
                      2lt-red grape juice.
                      2kg sugar.
                      2tsp-GP yeast compound.
                      water.

Comment

• Just washing down and installing a new fridge for the grapes this year..
                        Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• German Muller Thurgau reserve pack added and a Californian Connoisseur Pingo sorbate added and degassing. Three Beaverdale kits started a Rioja with Lalvin RC212 a White Burgundy with 71B and a Pinot Grigio using D47 sould be OK for the summer. Filtered 30 bottles of Kenridge classic Pinot Grigio bottled labeled and capped. And the Sg on a wine #1 still at 1000 ish may well be stuck swirled the lees in to see if that gets it goiong but we'll deal with that another day.

Comment

• I had a taste of my tweaked Pinot Noir last night as it was clearing and I'm very impressed with the result, I don't think I'll be using Beaverdale's yeast again. Pity I hadn't made this before so I could have made a comparison. I do have a Beaverdale Cab Sav on the go that has also been tweaked, and I am hoping to taste a significant difference "one I made earlier". I've only one bottle left, so I mustn't be tempted to open it.

Alan

Comment

• Some vitamins and minerals are used by the yeast - hence the need to add nutrient.
                              There have been studies into the benefits of red wine, see http://www.the-red-wine-diet.com/
                              But I think "one of your five a day" is perhaps meant as a bit of fun.
                              Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• started a christmas pud wine as been meaning to make this for a while. ie bought puds in sale last year ie jan 2011
                                http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
                                http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X