Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a bank holiday here in the states today, so I had planned to use the opportunity do some bottling. Unfortunately, all three brew shops in town are also closed. No corks and no bottles means no bottling.
    Steve

Comment

• Making elderflower syrup
      Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Fermenting some more milk. I can't believe how good this stuff is.
        Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
          Fermenting some more milk. I can't believe how good this stuff is.
          I usually do that unintentionally.

What exactly are you making.... cottage cheese?
          Steve

Comment

• I would like to say Airag - Айраг -Mongolian mare's milk spirit ....

However it's Kefir - a thin fizzy yogurt Lactobacillus stuff. Very nice in this hot weather.
            Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• Moving house in less than two weeks, so trying to sort the garage/winery out a bit. The floor is covered in bags and boxes of empties, the wine racks have still got full bottles in. Not sure on the best way to do it.. Good news is that I've found some real gems at the bottom of the wine rack.. W.E. Petit Verdot from '07 range, and more.. So, happy and not too stressed so far! It's the 8 full carboys to move I'm slightly concerned about!!

Comment

• Is that 8 x 54 L carboys?

Comment

• Luckily only 23L ones! And a fair few demijons I've found too. Managed to sort out my empties so far, and stashed them in a neighbours garage so I can move in mine a little bit.

Comment

• Good luck with the move Rich. Are you going far? Bigger winery?

Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich View Post
                      It's the 8 full carboys to move I'm slightly concerned about!!
                      The only tip I can give you is to get rid of the airlocks and put some solid tops on them. I like these kind, if you can find them:
                      Steve

Comment

• I have some of those Steve, Not sure if I still have all the white caps, as they've had airlocks in them or been used for vac racking.

Not moving far, We've bought our own place instead of renting one. Unfortunately the winery (garage) is a bit smaller but there is scope for putting up a bigger shed.

Comment

• Vac racked my Kenridge Australian NSW Shiraz/Viognier tonight as it has finished fermenting. It is incredibly gassy and produced about 8" of foam. I've never seen so much foam during racking before.

Had a sneaky sip and was really impressed with how drinkable it is already. It feels like it is going to be a great wine in a years time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich View Post
                            Not moving far
                            I hope it all goes well!!

Comment

• Not much recently, just finishing a Duoro Tinto kit and halfway through a Kenridge Chocolate Hazelnut port kit.

I need space in the freezer, so I'm about to thaw 5 litres of steam-juiced elderberry, to which I'll add 3 litres Morrison's Cherry Juice to make what I hope will be a monster port. I think I have enough rhubarb for another gallon and a half of rhubarb & elderflower, which is a cracking summer wine.
                              Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Well after the holiday it's time to start brewing again. Filtered and bottled a Beaverdale Rioja that's been in a carboy since January, tastes Ok. Bottled a Winexpert Luna Bianca, horrid! now I like oak but this is more saw dust than oak. Will leave that for 6months before trying that again. Filtered and into the now free carboy the Winexpert California Petite Sirah / Zinfandel very peppery. Started the Winexpert German Traminer Spätlese and the Spanish Matador Trio Red and finally put on a Woodfords Werry for the BBQ season, that's if we get a BBQ season this summer. Sorted out the wine racks and may have to change my strap line as there's now 150 bottles in there ready to drink. Goodness the shock of being able to choose what you drink instead of whats ready to drink choosing you. Still buying reds though.
                                Life would be better if I could brew it as fast as we drink it!

Comment

Working...
                                X