This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
    Is that window putty I can see around the lid?
    No... if you're referring to what I think you are, it's just the indentation where the croze meets the chime. There's a groove that runs around the inside perimeter that holds the head in place. No glue.
    Steve

Comment

• jealousy does strange things to your eyes
      Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• Lol... indeed.
        Steve

Comment

• Well back from holiday to the usual wine queue. Filtered and bottled two Kenridge classic kits a Pingo and a White Zinfandel a slurp says 3 months before they’re ready. Racked off the French Rose Wine expert kit. Popped up to the HBS and while there looked at the Cellar craft Trio red and the Kenridge Founders Amarone with grape skins and though shame holidays are so expensive and left with just the Cellar Craft chocolate strawberry port that I’d ordered. Straight home and put it on. Racked off an elderflower wine. And those 60 bottle can stay there until tomorrow then I'll put them in the4 cellar. Been a heavy day so a heavy wine is called for. Luna Bianca
          Life would be better if I could brew it as fast as we drink it!

Comment

• I have started 2 gallons of spicy banana & apple juice wine

Comment

• Originally posted by mark g View Post
              I have started 2 gallons of spicy banana & apple juice wine
              .. are you fishing out cloves
              Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• Hi Cellar_Rat
                Yes all cloves are out and the wine is fermenting very well

Comment

• Was notified the other night that my Merlot will not arrive until the 26th, so since I had some time on my hands I spent much of the weekend tidying up the winery. I put together a heavier shelf for the barrels, since the old one was beginning to sag a bit. It looks alright I think. Speaking of barrels, I'm still waiting for my American barrel to arrive. Hope it gets here soon, as I have 15 gallons of wine waiting for it.

Steve

Comment

• Lovely pic Steve. Not jealous as such but certainly aspiring..

Will print a couple of copies of this and leave them around the house by accident.
                    Simon
                    "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

• Originally posted by SiSandrine View Post

Will print a couple of copies of this and leave them around the house by accident.
                      lol I would try that myself but there is absolutely no chance.

Comment

• Off to Majestic tonight for a 'Spanish Wine Walk'. Free tasting for an hour! Good palate training - I hope!
                        Simon
                        "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

• Well, I've just stirred the help out of the defrosted pre-pulped shiraz that arrived from Brian last week. It took 2 days to defrost, then it was sulphited and had a good dose of rohapect, until yesterday when it was moved from the transit drum into a fermenter. I concluded that it was about 4 boxes of grapes (comparing it to the bucket levels from Grapefest), so added 2kg of honey. Most of it had dissolved since yesterday, hence the stirring tonight. It measures a respectable 1.122, so I've pitched K1-V1116 to be getting on with.

I'll have to check the Oracle to work the numbers for a likely outcome, but I'm still aiming for a max strength, but with a nice "red-winey" sort of overtone......
                          Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

• Racked the elderberry 2nd run and put some more sugar in the black cherry port...

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
                              Speaking of barrels, I'm still waiting for my American barrel to arrive. Hope it gets here soon, as I have 15 gallons of wine waiting for it.
                              Blimey I have had a clean up recently, but I have to say you put me to shame
                              I noticed the barrels have no taps, how will you get the wine out?

Comment

• Racked my first beer-brew (see Beer thread) and then tasted my GF2012 BC Port. Coming along nicely approx 14.5% ABV SG down to 1.010, added sugar syrup taking back up to 1.020. 12 litres of the stuff. I have 2 gallons from last year too so am thinking of blending, solera style and adding all to a barrel. Then leaving for 5 years. However I will probably not be able to be that patient.
                                Simon

Comment

Working...
                                X