Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a busy couple of days vacuum racking/degassing 22 gallons of assorted wine. I'd noticed that some of the 2011 vintage wines still had some CO2 present after bottling so I'm increasing the number of times I'm racking the wines that are currently bulk ageing. It is amazing how subdued the flavours become if the wine hasn't been suitably degassed. Hopefully this will eliminate the problem.

Also started a Winexpert Sauvignon Blanc kit that had an April 2013 expiry date. Must try and get through the backlog of kits this summer.

Comment

• I've been bottling like a madman. 15 gallons two weeks ago (Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Grigio), and another 15 last weekend (Gewurz, Riesling, and Cranberry-Currant). 10 more gallons of Chardonnay coming up this coming weekend.
      Steve

Comment

• It must be the season :-)

I have just done all my red racking, From last year.

Next week I'm bottling three carboys with my mate.
        Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• bottled 15 gals of beer and 10 of red wine. I hate bottling!!

But I like drinking!

http://markblades.com
          Bebere cerevisiae immodoratio
          These days I'm drinking in Charcot's Joint.

Comment

• Hi All

Just bottled my Elderberry and Blackberry wine from last year and am very happy with the taste so far although I think a few more months of ageing will do the trick. This being my first pulp ferment going by the results I'll be getting as many Elderberries and Blackberries as I can this year and will be looking at some grapes.

The Rosehip and Damson will need to age a bit more I think, the colour is certainly different, I would describe it as bright cheap fizzy orange colour.

Mark...............

Comment

• Originally posted by gitface View Post
              The Rosehip and Damson will need to age a bit more I think, the colour is certainly different, I would describe it as bright cheap fizzy orange colour.

Mark...............
              This post is useless without pictures! It certainly sounds an interesting colour.

Comment

• About to start work on parsnip wine, with dandelion being planned after that.

I am about to bottle my rowanberry, with the others needed at least one more re-rack before bottling. I also need to do something with my blueberry...one of them have exploded in the garage!
                If it ferments, stick it in a demijohn. If not, well, we'll find a way!

Comment

• just started two gallons of fruit juice wine & i have 40 pints of I. P. A in the FV.IMAG0006.jpg
                  and two weeks ago i used all these petals to make two gallons of Dandelion wine.
                  IMAG0003-011.jpg

Comment

• Finished all my bottling for the fed competition on Saturday

56 bottles in total

hoping to do well

fingers crossed
                    N.G.W.B.J.
                    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Bottled a wine number 2 made with acai berry juice. It's up there with bluberry as one of the really good ones... Started an apple wine and racked a tropical mixed fruit jobby.

Comment

• started a wine number two with the addition of some grapes skins from the 1st racking of a kenridge kit. No added yeasties just the ones on the skins and this morning it was bubbling away. and this kit i racked earlier at 1020/6 days as the last one stuck at 1010.
                        Life would be better if I could brew it as fast as we drink it!

Comment

• This recipe makes two gallons.
                          ingredients:
                          2lt-red grape juice.
                          1tl-blackcurrant juice.
                          1lt-cherry juice.
                          2kg-sugar.
                          100gms-honey.
                          1tsp-Ritchies yeast & nutrient.(per DJ)
                          water.
                          Method: boil 1lt of water and add 1kg of sugar & honey and stir until the sugar as dissolved then leave to cool,then divide the sugar & honey with the fruit juices into the DJs add the yeast & nutrient fit the airlocks and leave to ferment for one week, then make some sugar syrup with 1kg of sugar then divide into the DJs when cool top up with cold tap water
                          to the neck of the DJs fit the airlocks and leave to fully ferment out.
                          Note: when fermenting as fully stopped rack then add finings and leave for 1 week to clear then rack again and
                          mature for at least 6 to 12 months. :cheers:
                          IMAG0001-011.jpg
                          Last edited by mark g; 06-06-2013, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• Happy days, I can get on with some bottling my bulk pack of corks has arrived!

I badly need the space for this years elements.
                            Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• Got chemicals weighed out for a trial of water modification tomorrow. The water in Aberdeen is very soft so I'm hoping that with a bit of modification I'll be able to squeeze something extra out of my brews. Also picked up a small scale for measuring additions (you'd be surprised how many options there are for accurate 0.01g accurate scales on ebay. It's like their in high demand or something. Must be lots of people trying brew water modifications... ahem)
                              Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
                              Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
                              -Police Squad

Comment

• I bet they fit nicely in your pocket too

Comment

Working...
                                X