Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filtered and bottled two of the limited edition 2012 reds The cellar is starting to look fuller after it's draining over the festive season nearly back to 500 bottles
    Life would be better if I could brew it as fast as we drink it!

Comment

• Racked off the Nebbiolo kit and started a wine number two with the addition of the grapes from the Nebbiolo. Last time there was no need for any yeast just the yeast that came with the grape skins we'll see if this one starts the same as the last.

Comment

• Vacuum racked the Kenridge Ltd ED 2012 Australian Shiraz Viognier yesterday ready to bottle today. I could not believe the amount of Co2 coming out of it. Racked it backwards and forwards 3 times and then got the electric drill and wine whip out. It had been sat bulk ageing for 12 months and it was still unbelievably gassy. It tasted promising but a sip of the WE 2012 Washington Meritage that is a month behind the Shiraz had me very excited.

Comment

• Excited!!! They loved my Washington Meritage so much almost half of it went at the last BBQ!!! It's very good I have to say. I've hidden the 16 bottles i have left.

Comment

• Originally posted by RTPFUN View Post
            They loved my Washington Meritage so much almost half of it went at the last BBQ!!! It's very good I have to say. I've hidden the 16 bottles i have left.
            I think I would have cried if that had happened to mine.

Comment

• Woodefordes wherry bubbling away.

Bottling the Packlabs raspberry merlot

Starting the Wilkos forest fruits cider.

Lots to do.

Oh, and rack the Xmas pud.
              With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

• Beaverdale Rioja now bottled and my Kenridge Showcase Cabernet Sauvignon is now bubbling away..

Wine No1 & 2 now well on the way, will be ready for racking by the weekend

Happy days!

Comment

• Wine No 1 has finished fermenting, I have de-gassed it and stabilised.

Gonna add finings tomorrow.

Comment

• Wine no1 & no2 are racked, degassed and kwick clear finings added..

Kenridge is still bubbling away - pushed the grapes down, smelling quite nice..

Comment

• Just sorting through the beer bottles that do not fit my Enolmatic, ready for recycling.
                      Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• The Viognier kit has finished fermenting so de-gassed and finings in. The wine number 2 with the skins from the nebbiolo kit has just about finished at .996 so to has the nebbiolo at .998 but that judging by the bubbles has a bit to go as has a wine number one taking it's time still at .999 so threw in a little nutrient so see if that will help. Put on a Winexpert German Muller Thurgau which they love here but have to admit can be an acquired taste. It has dried elderflowers in the kit. Then to the cellar as I need to sort it out to make room for another 150 bottles when these are ready. I found some old bottles of beer in the cellar gone off unfortunatly but they are 2 years old not sure if i should try beer making again have had mixed results from the kits and don't fancy forking out for mashing kit.

Comment

• Originally posted by RTPFUN View Post
                          not sure if i should try beer making again have had mixed results from the kits and don't fancy forking out for mashing kit.
                          Have you tried Munton's Wherry kits. Dead easy, excellent results.
                          Last edited by Cellar_Rat; 07-07-2013, 06:58 AM.
                          Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• Racked the ken ridge showcase cab sav into better bottle, used the grape pack to start off the next batch of beverdale Barolo!

So I've got 72 bottles on the go at the moment.. And still enough to do 4 variations of wine No.1 - going to hold off for now

Comment

• going to hold off for now

Why? 72 bottles is not a lot when they need several months to mature! That is only, say, ten demijohns and a few bottles. Some may even do better for a couple years set aside. You also likely need several choices of wine - boring to go through just the one type all the time.

My cider keg is going down much more slowly these days as we are drinking less cider and more wine, but that will soon need another starting, as it is far better after a month or two after kegging. Also as the realisation of the value for cost spreads, I reckon we shall be inundated with family requests for several of the variants around the Christmas break.

RAB

Comment

• Racked and oaked my Grapefest Wines.... From 2011.

I think that's the second racking they've had. Tasted all right. Hopefully get the blighters bottled in August (which year, I don't know).
                                Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
                                Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
                                -Police Squad

Comment

Working...
                                X