• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
    Not a lot - just checking some SGs.
    Ditto

Oh, and I am drinking a nice cuppa tea
    Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Tea - good idea
      Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Nothing today.....

been shopping for choccies for girls at the office, and getting ready for office Crimbo party tonight

Martina not here for this one
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Hoping my #1 wines are nicely cleared up for Christmas after racking and adding finings
          “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
          Groucho Marx

Comment

• wine no1 with rubarb niceeeee
            http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
            http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

• moved the rose petal wine to secondary, amazing colour!
              To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
              A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• decided to check a bottle of plum, fantastically sour, and elderberry, really juicy. I know they both need to mature, but you've got to check them haven't you?
                “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
                Groucho Marx

Comment

• things have been very quiet lately till today... I won twelve DJs from ebay with another 9 finishing in a few hours...after that its full steam ahead again

Comment

• Filtered & bottled a Beaverdale Pinot Grigio.

Filtered a 2008 Rhubarb & ginger, sweetened with elderflower syrup, then bottled.
                    Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• racked a citrus mead
                      http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
                      http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
                        Filtered a 2008 Rhubarb & ginger, sweetened with elderflower syrup, then bottled.

that sounds good! have you made this before?
                        To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
                        A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• I'm fining all my white wines with bentonite this morning. In another week, they will go into the garage for cold stabilization.
                          Steve

Comment

• racked several demijohns of elderberry and started another couple of tea wines, also racked 40 pints of beer into its new home/barrel with the clearing finning added aswell
                            Wine from grapes is alright, but nothing beats the proper stuff to make wine with.

Comment

• Racked 10 gallons of Seyval

I have never seen a wine throw so much acid during fermentation

the primary fermentation vessel had a coating on the sides all the way down about 2mm thick, and the secondary vessel had around 1 cm of crystals at the base, which incidentally made it really easy to rack as it held the sediment below it.

mind you the acidity was 11g/l when it started

some of this batch is earmarked for sparkling wine production, as Karl and I are making the sparkling aperitif for the Friday night reception at the guild of Judges weekend in Oct 2010 (no pressure then) Im making dry white and Karl is making Med Rose.....what fun
                              Last edited by lockwood1956; 13-12-2009, 08:23 PM.
                              N.G.W.B.J.
                              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                                ..... the secondary vessel had around 1 cm of crystals at the base, which incidentally made it really easy to rack as it held the sediment below it.
                                sounds like this could be a useful method for something, as an intentionally done thing. gonna stick it on my back boiler and see what, if anything, happens in the coming months or years!

Comment

Working...
                                X