Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just made my first 'mansize' Wine batch. A lush smelling Beaverdale Vieux Chateau du Roi.

Binned one of my 5 Gallon fermenters. Was very foosty and I just could not be bothered trying to clean it, and it is easier to get another Jerrycan from my work than faf around for an hour and still not be certain that it is clean!

Debating whether to bottle my Beaverdale Cab Sauv...
    Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
    Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
    -Police Squad

Comment

• Degassed & stabilised my Ltd Edition Trio Blanca. Smells fantastic
      Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Petit Verdot on the go now Made a 'tea' with the oak packs so they would sink quicker. The juice smells fantastic.

I've a gallon of late addition pineapple on the go, now with pineapple added. Cleaned some bottles and put them on the tree to dry.

Comment

• 2 gallons of oaked rose from supermarket RGJ started. identical except for acid additions. some months from now i'll be comparing these with each other and also cheapskate rose.
          To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
          A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Just started some red eating grape wine, with frozen Lalvin, as a tester for my kit for grape season.

Hope the yeast starts, it a bit cooler this time of year - guess I ought to give it longer before PANICKING!!!!
            Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• Bottled a Beaverdale Cab Sauv.
              Racked a Lychee
              Bottled a Wine #1

The Wine #1 is a bit on the yeasty side and wasn't as clear as I thought. It'll get better lol. In the mean time I'm going to order a pack of kwik klear.

I put some of the Cab Sauv into beer bottles (for tasters) and spotted one of them had a bit of dried crud in it. Popped it open and drank it. Lord only knows what it will be like in a couple of months if it gets better than it is now!
              -Police Squad

Comment

• Tasted my Tempranillo last night. I think it might be close to bottling time.

My first time making it, but am impressed. Though on the lighter side, it's a very nice, easy drinking wine.
                Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                  If using pomegranate, i would likely make a wine No2 stabilised and sweetened to medium i feel would work better, I find pomegranate a tad sharp if drunk dry

regtards
                  Bob
                  Originally posted by wurzel View Post
                  2 liters of pomegranate & 1 liter of WGJ....as #1 reducing the suger slightly and 1/2 tsp of glycerin.

Back sweeten to about 1.000......very fruity nice rose
                  Both sound like interesting choices...
                  I might have to do a gallon of each, to see what I prefer
                  Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Blackcurrant Wine (Rich gave me advice, so if it's vile I can blame him ) (Kidding) Started.
                    Christmas Pudding Desert Wine Started.
                    Wine #2 Racked as it had a really light sediment I didn't want to fight with when bottling.
                    -Police Squad

Comment

• I was trying to get the 1/2 gallon batch of Lemon Balm wine out of a small, half sized, demijohn into bottles on Saturday to take to a BBQ with friends...

Unfortunately in what can only be described as an act of stupidity I was removing the safety bung with my left hand and it came out with a sudden pop...
                      Needless to say up went my hand into the fluorescent lamp under the kitchen cupboard...
                      I thought I'd just broken the tube but have successfully managed to not only cut the skin completely off the back of my knuckle but sliced the "tendon sheath" to pieces too
                      Luckily I managed not to cut the tendon

After a quick trip to A&E and managing to "jump the queue" I ended up with 3 internal dissolving stitches and 5 external stitches...

I don't think I'll be doing to much for a bit as my hands killing me...
                      ex ovo omnia
                      Chemist, welder, homebrewer

Comment

• But how's the wine?

Hope your hand improves quickly
                        “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
                        Groucho Marx

Comment

• Tonight, I have racked 5 gallon of lychee. Other than that I have been mostly eyeing up the nextdoor neighbours parking space with a view to putting a winery shed on it
                          With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

• Taste-tested my carrot wine, young but nice. Colour and clarity look to be really good. I have great hopes for it.

Mrs.wisp came home with a carton of water melon juice and a carton of guava juice, both Rubicon. So, we've started them both as #1 wines. They were so cheap, it's worth the experiment and I had a couple of DJ's sitting doing nothing.

The juices themselves taste lovely, I hope they transpose into nice delicate wines; it's whether the WGJ will smother their tastes. We'll see.
                            “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
                            Groucho Marx

Comment

• Tonight i will be bottling 1 gall of xmas pudding wine it tastes a lot better than my first attempt and starting 3 gall of lychee

Comment

• Originally posted by Darren View Post
                                Tonight i will be bottling 1 gall of xmas pudding wine it tastes a lot better than my first attempt and starting 3 gall of lychee
                                Which version of the Christmas Pudding Wine? The Tutorial (Wine 4) or Lockwoods one that requries Grape concentrate.

Last night, I racked a BEaverdale Chataue du Roi and made a Wine Number 1 using welch's grape apple and pear juice on the lees of the Roi
                                -Police Squad

Comment

Working...
                                X