Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to miss the VWC meeting today. Hope it was a good one.

We had a very long, but productive weekend in the winery...

Yesterday afternoon, crushed and processed 250 lbs Tempranillo, 180 lbs Barbera, and 70 lbs Petite Sirah.

Today, we picked the remaining 120 lbs left in my vineyard. The timing was fortuitous since they are predicting we will see frost as early as Tuesday.

That's the last of the grapes for 2009. 1650 lbs total for the year.

Next week I'm picking up 12 gallons of fresh apple juice at the orchard.

The weekend after next, the white juices will come in. Gewurztraminer, Sauvignon Blanc, and .... something else.... Chenin Blanc maybe. I also am making 15 gallons of Riesling for the in-laws. Maybe. I think I will have them pony up for their own carboys, though. They've used mine in the past, but I am running short.
    Steve

Comment

Added some more stuff to the Condessa kit

Mixed up a make-it-up-as-you-go-along Greengage Vodka thingy

Racked my Freecycle red-grape and Wine No.1 mix to a DJ

Lots of cleaning & sanitising
      Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

i have just finished sending 200 kg of apples through a converted garden shredder and pressing through my home made press. not only am i ker nackered i have 18 gallons of apple juice sat inside the lounge with meta sulf ontop and i now have 5 number 2 litre milk containers sat in the chest freezer getting very cold, now all i have to do tommorow night is start the lot fermenting, if i do ever sign on again its because on wendesday night/morning i die of fumes cough, cough, erk

and no i wont leave my wine behind its coming with me!!!!!
        Wine from grapes is alright, but nothing beats the proper stuff to make wine with.

Comment

Originally posted by hedgerow View Post

and no i wont leave my wine behind its coming with me!!!!!
          Top man
          Discount Home Brew Supplies
          Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
          Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
          National Wine Judge
          N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Originally posted by ohbeary
            Er!, was it Bob who was going on about sniffing sulphite?, or am I wrong!!.
            yes, I'd imagine it was... he seems to quite like it on the sly - something to do with the feeling of his lungs collapsing I believe...

Why do you ask?
            HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

Early start for me today, Got some wine #1 into champagne bottles and capped. Racked the black cherry port. Got everything cleaned up too.

Comment

Started elderberry and blackberry yesterday with a third run off one packet on 71b-1122

The must theif has struck again!

Comment

The entire house smells ferment-y this morning.

Mostly that's good, though there is a bit of rotten eggs in my Petite SIrah.
                  Steve

Comment

Both the Grapefest 5 gallons have stopped bubbling, so it's time to find them a safe spot in the garage until the next racking.

My 5 gallons secondary run is still bubbling intermittently so that's staying put for now, and i'm hoping to find time to rack the two Glaring Gooseberry Gallons today.

I've got loads of bottling to do, and room to store stuff for now as I had a clear out of dodgy stuff and did a stock take of what's sat around.

I have:
                    • 221 Bottles ready to drink
                    • 11 gallons ageing
                    • 48 Gallons in varying stages of completion

Which is a total of about 96 gallons!!!
                    HRH Her Lushness

Comment

Originally posted by Her Lushness View Post
                      Both the Grapefest 5 gallons have stopped bubbling, so it's time to find them a safe spot in the garage until the next racking.

My 5 gallons secondary run is still bubbling intermittently so that's staying put for now, and i'm hoping to find time to rack the two Glaring Gooseberry Gallons today.

I've got loads of bottling to do, and room to store stuff for now as I had a clear out of dodgy stuff and did a stock take of what's sat around.

I have:
                      • 11 gallons ageing

No good without pictures of all that wine

Comment

I have:
                        • 11 gallons ageing

So when are we having the party
                        “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
                        Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by wisp View Post
                          So when are we having the party

Anyone free Saturday?
                          HRH Her Lushness

Comment

just spent a couple of hours scrubing barrels for all the apple wine thats getting started tommorow night after work at the allotment 18 gallons of it, lovely, i know how you feel her lushness, i have spent ages bottling all my demijohns trying to make room for more, but what do i do with all the flippin bottles ? been looking at wine racks but way past my budget at the moment some lovely big ones on ebay tonight all four would be suited for me and my bottle collection
                            Wine from grapes is alright, but nothing beats the proper stuff to make wine with.

Comment

Originally posted by hedgerow View Post
                              just spent a couple of hours scrubing barrels for all the apple wine thats getting started tommorow night after work at the allotment 18 gallons of it, lovely, i know how you feel her lushness, i have spent ages bottling all my demijohns trying to make room for more, but what do i do with all the flippin bottles ? been looking at wine racks but way past my budget at the moment some lovely big ones on ebay tonight all four would be suited for me and my bottle collection
                              What's the link? I need more racks...
                              HRH Her Lushness

Comment

Anyone free Saturday?
                                7.30 for 8.00?
                                “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
                                Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                X