Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More tidying up to do. Bob will be here on Monday, and I want everything to be ship shape.

Haven't tasted anything for awhile, either. I suppose I'd better do that to make sure nothing's gone off.
    Steve

Comment

• More filtering and bottling.

Bottled the last of my Sangiovese from last year's Grapefest. It tastes .... well ....
      Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• 2 gallons of mint wine getting started. assorted mints all from the garden freshly picked today ... blackpeppermint (just a little), moroccan mint (10% ish), applemint (20% ish) garden mint (70% ish). Leaves alone weighing in at 155g and the kitchen smells amazing!

kind of experimental, will be sweet/desert type wine. tannin, acids, some raisins will be added. yeast will be the trusty sauternes.
        To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
        A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• sounds interesting
          “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
          Groucho Marx

Comment

• Ditto - never tried a mint wine, I'm sure I'd either love or hate it

What's going on in my winery? Nothing today, although I did spend Wedsnesday - Friday racking, filtering, bottling, getting 2 new Wine No.1 batches on, and a tinned strawberry.

I've had a day off today (a day off winemaking, that is), but tomorrow I should be bottling 5 gals of Riesling or Dolcetto.
            Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
              Ditto - never tried a mint wine, I'm sure I'd either love or hate it
              i made some last year, tho it was very much a proof of concept kind of thing. This year it's more like development. Last year's was successful enough to warrant running with the idea. As for love or hate, yep totally see that. I would add that it's very much an occasion wine, not the sort of thing that you grab for a night in front of the tv etc, but for something or other it will be the perfect thing. well that's the aim anyway! And it should mean that 2 gallons lasts for ages.

it is happily fizzing away now. Not sure when to add tannin, or even if to add it as i have added a small amount of raisins. any advice and opinions are welcome. OG was 1090 after raisins had been in for 24 hours.
              To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
              A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Filtering and bottling the 1st gallon blackberry I made, dead excited, except for the filtering bit, that's long and boring.

Placed the Wine No 1 outside to see if the cold will help it clear
                With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

• watching the parsnip wine clear noticeably each day, thinking that racking time is in the next day or two. Great looking sediment, like a lunar landscape

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
                    More tidying up to do. Bob will be here on Monday, and I want everything to be ship shape.

Don't tidy up on my account......

you just reinded me....I need to check in with southwest

Nothing happening in my winery today......and the IP caera has stopped working, so I can't even look in on it....

not in shape to do much today anyhow, M's dad and I polished of a considerable amount of Mondavi Chardonnay and Argentinian Malbec last night and finished the night with a Lindemans bin 50 Shiraz...so please don't make too much noise this morning
                    N.G.W.B.J.
                    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
                      More tidying up to do. Bob will be here on Monday, and I want everything to be ship shape.
                      -----%<-----
                      Damn! Bob's going to visit Steve ????

I wonder if there's any way I can convince him to bring back a gallon of Buckwheat or "Killer Bee" honey from somewhere like The Bee Folks we live in hope eh !

regards

jtfb
                      Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                        -----%<-----
                        not in shape to do much today anyhow, M's dad and I polished of a considerable amount of Mondavi Chardonnay and Argentinian Malbec last night and finished the night with a Lindemans bin 50 Shiraz...so please don't make too much noise this morning
                        Don't forget that most helpful bit of government advice Mr Morton.........a maximum of 21 "units" of alcohol, per man, per week (per haps ). All that drinkings not good for you you know

Unless of course, like me, you have a "drink problem"............

2 hands and 1 mouth

regards

jtfb
                        Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

..so please don't make too much noise this morning
                          BOO !!!

Oh... and its the afternoon
                          Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Bottled the 5 gal Ltd Edition Riesling - a good excuse to get the toys (Minijet & Enolmatic) out

A sneaky taste suggests this is going to be really good.

My apple wine, started on 3rd sept, has finally finished fermenting. It stuck for a few weeks too, so I'm pretty pleased . It is now racked, degassed and stabilised.

Degassed a 1 gal Beaverdale Pinot Grigio kit.

I'm now doing the bit I like least - tidying up
                            Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spritzer View Post
                              BOO !!!

Oh... and its the afternoon

PAH!

its the afternoon now
                              N.G.W.B.J.
                              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

PAH!

its the afternoon now

I think the alcohol has slowed your body clock Bob
                                Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

Working...
                                X