X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two gallons of Rice & Raisin wine Today

Comment

• Just aerated the 6 litre batch of "clearing out the cupboard" mandarin melomel that I started last weekend.

Despite just chucking the ingredients into the bucket, giving it a stir and then sprinkling the yeast (Lalvin D21) on top, I calculate that the lag phase was 2 days or so, it's still hit the 1/3 sugar break from an original gravity of 1.130

I've no idea about how much residual sugar it'll have, as the D21 is good for about 16% ABV, but a 130 point drop would be about 17 and a half.....

Have to wait and see eh?
      Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

• 1 gallon JOAM
        1 gallon Cider
        5 gallons wine No1 (ready for elderflowers which will be ready soon)
        1 gallon (experimental) citrus aperitif.....made with marmalade...watch this space

all started today...on a roll, and getting them ready for next years Federation show
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Started a gallon of Beer No.1
          Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Preparing for the rapture...
            Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
            Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
            -Police Squad

Comment

• Oh yeah, forgot about that .

Must try to drink entire wine stock before 11pm ....
              Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Started a rosehip and hibiscus rose...

it's a fast fermenter, but might not be done before the world ends
                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Sat in Hotel Loosen, in the Mosel valley, Germany Home next week! Good week away on the bike to the Nurburgring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich View Post
                    Sat in Hotel Loosen, in the Mosel valley, Germany Home next week! Good week away on the bike to the Nurburgring.
                    I totally forgot that you were away. Ran out of gas for the keg on Friday and was going to a BBQ on Saturday. Mad dash down to KElly of Cults at 18:30. Made it there with 2 minutes to spare.

Mini-cornelius went down a storm. We were all sat round a fire having drinks and folk just topping up the glass from the 3/16 hose. Quality times!
                    -Police Squad

Comment

• Originally posted by koomber View Post
                      I totally forgot that you were away. Ran out of gas for the keg on Friday and was going to a BBQ on Saturday. Mad dash down to KElly of Cults at 18:30. Made it there with 2 minutes to spare.

Mini-cornelius went down a storm. We were all sat round a fire having drinks and folk just topping up the glass from the 3/16 hose. Quality times!
                      Brilliant! Kelly o cults have them in stock? That's good.

It seems the bar stays open here till we leave! local 'schnapps' seems to be along the lones of grappa, cheap and potent. Bringing a bottle home hopefully.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich View Post
                        Brilliant! Kelly o cults have them in stock? That's good.

It seems the bar stays open here till we leave! local 'schnapps' seems to be along the lones of grappa, cheap and potent. Bringing a bottle home hopefully.
                        Had them in stock. Not sure if they have any left now though.
                        -Police Squad

Comment

• Shot in the dark ...

... had a few minutes spare so put a grommet on a 1.5 litre squash bottle, bunged in some apple juice, pinch of citric acid, pinch of bread yeast, etc etc etc. Yeeehaaaar!
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by norman; 26-05-2011, 12:04 AM. Reason: ... cos winemakings not about being serious.

Comment

• 12L Wine#1 - Racked on the 23rd, nearly ready to degass
                            12L Wine #2 with Cranberry - Should be ready to rack in a day or two
                            12L Turbo Vimto - Ready to bottle (found the recipe on thehomebrewforum)
                            19L Wine #1 with red grape juice (made a lovely light rose last time I made it) - started 6 days ago
                            12L Wine #2 with Blueberry - started 2 days ago
                            Winery.jpg

Comment

• The carboy on the right appears to be plumbed in to your cistern
                              Pete the Instructor

Comment

• please tell me that toilet is no longer in use
                                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Working...
                                X