No announcement yet.

What was on your xmas table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as for the booze , its fresh air that kills me off i am all right till i go outside for a fag, then my legs just walk off on thier own.
    Wine from grapes is alright, but nothing beats the proper stuff to make wine with.

Comment

Originally posted by hedgerow View Post
      spritzer you are just one slice of fried bread away from perfection or is that a heart attack i see?
      We might do fried bread, if the peeps wish so....
      But normally they all want more fried potato scones
      Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

Tonight's Feast at the neighbours will be mainly liquid, but solids are based around haggis, swede etc..

I'm not sure what tomorrow's breakfast will be, but it will defintely contains massive amounts of carbohydrates. And tea
        Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

New Year's at our house isn't a real big to-do. Traditionally we've always had oyster stew, but with all the cream it can be fairly heavy. So this year we decided to keep it light with seared Tuna steaks. We'll probably pop some bubbly open as midnight approaches (if I can stay awake that long).

Tomorrow we're having boeuf bourguignon for dinner. One of my faves.
          Steve

Comment

we'll also pop some bubbly as the time comes around. Last night we had home-made celery and stilton soup with home-made bread and black salsify (a first for me a very delicious it was too, tho i dunno why folks say it tastes like oysters). Tonight we'll have the left over soup with something yummy to accompany it, as for tomorrow - no idea - like Steve its not a big deal in this house.

Happy new year to you all, and i hope 2010 is a vintage year for you.
            To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
            A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

Originally posted by spritzer View Post
              We might do fried bread, if the peeps wish so....
              But normally they all want more fried potato scones
              ha ha! but your list showed no evidence of White pud

Square sausage on top of a tatty scone, topped with white pud and a fried egg...

Now that's what I can a good bite.

It's also the strange thing about Scotland. The food, drink, etc all excellent, but you can usually feel your arteries hardening by the mouthful

HNY

regards

jtfb

p.s. Irn Bru..... now the mention of that does bring back memories of some "bad" nights out, in Helensburgh and Glasgow especially when served with a dash of voddy
              Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Working...
              X