• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, both. It's been soaking for aweek now but I'll try all the others
    Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

Let us know which do and do not work, not tried any myself.

Comment

Will do.
        Let's party

Comment

A good long soak in Washing soda shifts most things (except for clingy girl friends). Oxyclean is good too and I have recently been told it is a sanitiser too. But then again we are talking about a 50p airlock...go and by a new one
          sigpic

Comment

Like the girlfriend bit. lol

Comment

DAAB, so my name's Scrooge, already! Anyway I like to do things the hard way, and the nearest HBS is 30 miles away
              Let's party

Comment

Don't take it badly, i'm not suggesting you are mean, i'm saying that weighing up the cost of cleaners, hot water and effort it's time to say good bye and put that order in to the internet hb shop, stock up on your consumables, maybe treat yourself and add an extra airlock to the order.

If you really cant justify putting an order in, instead of using an airlock use your syphon tubing, put one end in the hole where the airlock went and the other into a cup of steralising fluid hey presto instant airlock.
                sigpic

Comment

Hey, brilliant idea! I must try that one, thanks
                  Let's party

Comment

Yessssss!!!!!

I've done it!

I painstakingle put a spoonful of VWP into airlock, added v. hot water and shook for about 30 seconds and, lo, all was clean. Wonderful stuff
                    Let's party

Comment

Well done that lady.

Comment

Air Lock Brush

Some suppliers sell an air lock brush...have never seen or used one tho...must be for problems like this

Comment

Cleaning Air-lock

Maybe a pipe cleaner....those wire bristly things....for cleaning pipes, try a smoke shop, tho they sell them in craft shops now. Good Luck

Comment

i have a double belfast sink in my garage i fill one half with sterilising solution then soak the tubing - then when i remember i left it in i rinse itand leave it up to dry,

Geordie : refers to a person originating from Tyneside and the former coal mining areas of northern County Durham or the dialect spoken by such people. There are a number of rival theories to explain how the term came about, though all accept that it derives from a familiar diminutive form of the name "George".

Comment

Working...
                            X