312 Ltrs worth of carboys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aid View Post
    May I ask, how do you get through the quantity? You make a lot of wine. From the forum, I see you're very generous and have a lot of friends available to crack a bottle open with. Does that account for it or are you steadily extending the cellar?

A bit of all of the above, but mostly, I drink lots
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Are these london prices - blimey! I can always do with some more, but that a bit rich for me.

I anyone wants some 50 litre ones - clear glass not green I an happy to sell or swap.
      Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

i'll swap you for a couple of green ones

(September 12th )
        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
          -----%<-----
          (September 12th )
          Which I take it, it the projected date for this years grapefest(north) ???

regards

JtFB
          Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

You are indeed correct young man!
            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
              You are indeed correct young man!
              Excellent, so I can now see if a couple of days either side are free!

I'll keep an eye on the thread...

regards

JtFB

p.s. Oh and just for info, the bloke I bought the 2 x 25 litre DJ's from even delivered them - it just happened to co-inside with his buying a gazebo from someone up the road a bit - he had to dismantle it this arvo, so he was kind enough to drop the DJ's off. Now that's what I call good customer service - the DJ's were a tenner. Bargain!

p.p.s. and I also note that "mateybollix" with the 7 large DJ's @£134.99 starting price got a big fat zero on the bids. So I thought I'd note a response...... ha ha ha! now how do I spell schadenfreude correctly ??? (don't they have some damned fine words in German )
              Last edited by fatbloke; 06-04-2009, 07:52 PM.
              Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

I've mailed mateybollix with respectable offer... Let you know how that goes.

Comment

I've mailed mateybollix with respectable offer... Let you know how that goes.
                  good luck Aid

regards

JtFB

Some blog ramblings

Comment

No reply so far. Mind you, that may not be a bad thing. The size of the one I picked up for you makes me think that if I bagged 5, my man-bits would get nailed to my chin.

Comment

Mateybollix turned out to be a really nice man. I offered him a reasonable price and picked up the carboys tonight. He also gave me a bundle of brown demis and loads of 1.25ltr glass-screw-top brown bottles and told me where I can get wine grapes delivered from locally.

Comment

Mateybollix turned out to be a really nice man. I offered him a reasonable price and picked up the carboys tonight. He also gave me a bundle of brown demis and loads of 1.25ltr glass-screw-top brown bottles and told me where I can get wine grapes delivered from locally.
                        So what did he accept for them in the end ??? if that's not too nosey...

regards

JtFB

Some blog ramblings

Comment

[QUOTE=Aid;53342]No reply so far. Mind you, that may not be a bad thing. The size of the one I picked up for you makes me think that if I bagged 5, my man-bits would get nailed to my chin.[/QUOTE]

So how's your chin?
                          Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

Not at all John. There was a multi-carboy auction a couple of days prior to Bernard's (mateybolox). I looked at the winning bid and worked out the price per litre and offered Bernard something appropriate. £80.

I've just spent the day cleaning 4 of them and will be posting a how-to question in a minute...

I got more than I bargained for so I'm pleased. Step one is to make a 54ltr no 1.

Comment

My chin...still unadorned and gorgeous!!!
                              My gal has been amazing. I'm keeping all but one at work and I've got rid of another glass carboy (without carrier) so everything is still anatomicaly correct.

Comment

My chin...still unadorned and gorgeous!!!
                                Very pleased to hear it!
                                Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

Working...
                                X