Delmonteman

1. Winter Punch Wine Success

I tried the Belvoir Winter Punch Wine over the weekend. Delicious!

Per previous post,

2l apple juice
    750 ml bottle of Belvoir Mulled Winter Punch
    Pectolase
    Sugar to 1.080
    Yeast and nutrient.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Interim update...

Well, the cherry thing i reported on last time was a sour faced disaster!

Not done the oak thing yet but have since placed into fermenter a little concoction which includes this...

http://www.agafoodhall.com/belvoir-m...FWTHtAodr0cAjg

1 bottle belvoir punch
    2l apple juice
    Sugar to 1.080
    Patience...

I will post how it turns out...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. batch 3 (gervin red) etc...

Well, it's been a while. I have mostly been making/ drinking the still cider recipe that I did as batch one because I am finding it to be a refreshing low alcohol wine alternative. So not a lot to report...

I have been doing some acid testing of shop bought apple juice which all suggests that for making wine solely out of carton apple juice the 3.8l of juice in a 4.5l batch gives the optimum level of acidity for a dry white apple table wine. More juice allows for more backsweetening ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Batch 2 update

Batch 2 was a complete success! I drunk it dry and chilled. It was appley, fruity and curiously had some honey type thing going on in the background which I was pleasantly surprised at. Certainly not one dimensional as I thought it could be.

In fact, I enjoyed it so much I forgot to think much about how I could change it next time round. I suppose I'll have to have another bottle then!

I will update when I decide on batch 4, which might involve a big jar of cherries ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Another one... sort of...

Still waiting on batch number 2 because its not finished fermenting yet. I will update when I try it.

I have put batch three on in the meantime, which, whilst not really apple wine I thought I'd add it here anyway. It's from the gervin recipe book and is a very basic light red. It goes as follows:

For 4.5l
    1l apple juice
    2 x wilkos the grape concentrate (total 440g)
    560g sugar
    Yeast and nutrient
    Water to 4.5l

The ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast