Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem or not ? What's next (winter mead)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pH values etc

Ok, so having read the link it seems that I've now got to test too see if the pH value of my winter mead is between 3.0 and 3.5 - well that's if I've read the link correctly.

We'll see

regards

JtFB
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Originally posted by fatbloke View Post
      Ok, so having read the link it seems that I've now got to test too see if the pH value of my winter mead is between 3.0 and 3.5 - well that's if I've read the link correctly.

We'll see

regards

JtFB

Interesting is it not FB. If the pH is to high add some tartaric gradually and test again, if you have to increase the pH use some potassium carbonate solution. Also test the acidity.

Comment

Originally posted by StockeyDAW View Post
        Interesting is it not FB. If the pH is to high add some tartaric gradually and test again, if you have to increase the pH use some potassium carbonate solution. Also test the acidity.
        Looks like I've got to rack it first. Adding the voddy etc when I was trying to restart it the other week, seems to have cast a considerable sediment - Hence I think I'll rack it first and then do the pH check on each of the jars - just in case theres any variation.

Potassium Carbonate for "upping" the numbers ? Right ho, I know what to look for if it does show as too low!

regards

JtFB
        Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Originally posted by fatbloke View Post
          Looks like I've got to rack it first. Adding the voddy etc when I was trying to restart it the other week, seems to have cast a considerable sediment - Hence I think I'll rack it first and then do the pH check on each of the jars - just in case theres any variation.

Potassium Carbonate for "upping" the numbers ? Right ho, I know what to look for if it does show as too low!

regards

JtFB
          Yes that is correct; careful with it, a little goes a long way. Once you get started it is hard to stop. Cheers DAW

Comment

Working...
          X