Introduce Yourselves here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Tony

you've asked this question twice - people have already replied to your first go, but you might not be able to see the replies as they were on the previous page on this message thread. If you click on the previous page arrow or on 195 in the page display bit over there ------------------> you should see them

Comment

• Hi there again

Appologies for making a similar entry twice, I will not make that mistake again, thanks for the welcome and the advice

TonyE

Comment

• Better to ask twice than not at all
        Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Hello one and all, I've been lurking on here the last couple of days and decided to register to join in.

I was first introduced to home brewing about 20 odd years ago by my Dad. My earliest memory is the County Classic kits. He did a lot of beer and a few country wines, then he got ill and stopped doing it, so I tried to keep it going to try and respark his interest.

I had some success with blackberry, limited success with orange, and a disaster with banana. Thankfully Dad soon got back into it.

He passed away a year and a half ago, and left lots of stuff in various states of progress, so of course I finished them all off.

Last month I did my first ferment on my own for over 10 years, a Beaverdale Shiraz kit.

I'm hoping to get more into it again, and am a bit gutted that due to other commitments I missed the blackberries this year, but am looking forward to a full day apple picking tomorrow.

Comment

• hi, mrdexter, sorry for your loss. Welcome to WAH. I've learned alot here and I know you will too. Have fun picking those apples.
            Hootus est

Comment

• Hi, recently joined to get all the advice & tips I can on making wine (don't want to learn anything the hard way anymore!). Currently making some nice beer from kits in a "dry country". We brew it up in a 30 litre Igloo and transfer to stainless steel fire extinguishers, each holds about 20 pints. Give her a week or two, squeeze the trigger, out comes liquid gold. Plan on some of the 7 to 14 day wine kits next hitch. We work 6 week rotation (6 on, 6 off) and time is always of the essence. Demand is such it's near impossible to age anything for long, can't keep our mitts off it.
              Keep on Truckin

Comment

• Welcome aboard
                Pete the Instructor

Comment

• I think I'm going to find this site very very helpful indeed! My OH and I decided to have a go at making wine this autumn to save the fruit growing in our garden from going to waste. We scrounged some demijohns and equipment and with a little advice from a chap in a local home brew shop got started with pear, apple and plum wines.

I think we might be obsessed already... we are now also fermenting a couple of kits, as well as grapes from our neighbour's vine, strawberry wine and a couple of meads. No disasters so far (touch wood)!

I've found the instructions for your beginners dry table wine and I think we'll be trying that next.

Comment

• You're very welcome Ineeda Gin, and we look forward to hearing how your wines turn out so don't forget to let us know.
                    Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• New to the Forum

First post to say hello, just started making wines and been looking at the various recipes.

Starting small at the minute with one gallon DJ's till I find some recipes I like then will up the quantities.

Just finished a batch of Wurzels orange wine from another site, and a red kit made up at the local Homebrew shop. Both drinkable which is good but no idea on alcohol content as didnt have a hydrometer at the time.

Anyways back to looking through the threads for me and to get some more ideas on what to try next.

Comment

• Welcome aboard
                        Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Hi. I'm new here, but am quite familiar with wine-making, beer-making and mead-making. I've been doing it for 8 years now, and have won an award or two (maybe eleven). Always on the lookout for new friends in the home business. B'th'way, I'm writing all the way from Poland.

Comment

• Welcome,

You can access fresh winemaking grapes in Poland I think?

pull up a chair, join in the fun

regards
                            Bob
                            N.G.W.B.J.
                            Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                            Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Sure. As a matter of fact I won 3rd place (or lost 1st and 2nd, as my son says) in a huge contest in Lodz today with red grape wine.

Comment

• Welcome aboard
                                Pete the Instructor

Comment

Working...
                                X