• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome KayB. I love a sweet dessert wine too

Comment

• Hi KayB

pleased we got your registration sorted

have a look at wine No4 in the new winemakers series (in the new members area) its made from christmas puddings and tastes yum scrum

welcome aboard

regards
      Bob
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Thanks guys, and yes, I spotted No4 already.... unfortunately, no luck getting a Christmas Pud at this time of the year, though.

Comment

• They sell them off cheap after christmas... stock up then! Kicking myself that i didn't do this one last year... spiced apple wine seems a nice one too but not tasted it yet. From another forum but could post a link if your interested...

Comment

• ukric bought about 3,000 of them in jan .......

you could of course make one!!!
            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• Originally posted by Delmonteman View Post
                They sell them off cheap after christmas... stock up then! Kicking myself that i didn't do this one last year... spiced apple wine seems a nice one too but not tasted it yet. From another forum but could post a link if your interested...
                Oh yes, I'm always interested, and appreciate if you post the link! thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                  ....... you could of course make one!!!
                  Well, was thinking about it, but don't they need to mature for a couple of month to get the flavours going?

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                    you could of course make one!!!
                    just stop it !!

jeeez. if it's not bad enough making wine out of puddings - but now suggesting making the things first to make into wine.

Grapes, that's what you need to make wine - grapes - not teabags, not orange peel and not Christmas puddings. Grapes.

Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
                      just stop it !!

jeeez. if it's not bad enough making wine out of puddings - but now suggesting making the things first to make into wine.

Grapes, that's what you need to make wine - grapes - not teabags, not orange peel and not Christmas puddings. Grapes.
                      Purist!

Comment

• Originally posted by KayB View Post
                        Purist!
                        I think he's insecure...

Comment

• I think he's in denial

he is a secret orange peel and tea bag worshipper!
                          N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• I am not worthy
                            Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• The 30 year gap !

Hi all,
                              going back to winemaking after a small gap of 30 years !
                              I restarted 'cos my good lady had a bag of blackcurrants in the freezer to make some jam with. ( she may have forgotten about it !)
                              Anyway, I acquired them and put on a gallon of wine.June this year. (my usual way from the old days, 1kilo sugar, nutrient,yeast,dj,bubbler and go.)
                              I racked it end July, and bottled it to-day. Had a wee taste, and it is bone dry, dense black/red colour, and shiny ! I won't be able to resist it for long !!

I took a second run from the currants, added some dried sloes, and started fermentation. It is also dark coloured, dry, and just about ready to bottle.

I have 2 dj's with elderflower on, for my good lady. They have fermented out, but remain fairly cloudy. I will leave them alone for while, before thinking about some treatment.
                              So I seem to have a recurrance of the brew bug !
                              (But I have been forceably reminded of the incident concerning the 5 gal glass demijohn of bramble wine which was sitting behind the dining room door, and bubbling away nicely, right up to the incident concerning the 2 kids and a hammer ! ......nuff said!)

Anyway, looking forward immensly to the coming bramble and sloe season.

Before I sign off does anyone know the best way to get rid of the residue left on some wine bottles, after taking the label off ?
                              Beer bottles....any problems using them for wine ? (halve bottles are quite hard to find )

Thanks,

Ian

Comment

• Welcome aboard Ian.

I find WD40 is quite effective for removing wine label residue. It's a bit smelly though, so I cover the opening with clingfilm first.
                                Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Working...
                                X