Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Claire, Welcome to the forum

Comment

• Welcome aboard Claire. There are a great bunch here and this is a 'not for profit' forum, there is no sponsorship no scrolling adverts no blurb no posters and that's all down to Bob. And I for one certainly think it makes for a much better for ( but don't tell him that)
      Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• Hi Claire ,

Welcome aboard

regards
        Bob
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Thank you!!!
          Brewing: Black Rock Cider, Milestone Olde Home Wrecker, port wines
          Conditioning: Oranje Bock Bier, about 30 demijohns of wine of various types
          Drinking: Steam Beer, Czech Pilsner, Dark Ale, lots of wine, Moonshine

Comment

• Another Yorkshire member, eee by gum!
            Discount Home Brew Supplies
            Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
            Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
            National Wine Judge
            N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• This is great

Hi
              Been brewing beer and cider for a while. Made a 5 gal experiment of plum wine a year ago, and have been really surprised. Now trying all kinds of country wines. Still learning, a batch of Graff tastes like vinegar and may be due to poor sanitation. But hey ho, the others batches on the go, taste great.
              The forum and downloads are great thank you!

Comment

• Hi Guys,

I've already posted on this forum a few times, but I haven't properly introduced myself! My name's Holly and I live in the middle of nowhere in North Wales. The fact that the nearest shop is 20 mins away, made me decided its about time i started making my own wine. I've been making wine from kits since Feb and i've just started experimenting with tinned fruit.

I look forward to stealing all of your knowledge!

Comment

• Hi both, welcome aboard
                  Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Originally posted by Holly View Post
                    Hi Guys,

I've already posted on this forum a few times, but I haven't properly introduced myself! My name's Holly and I live in the middle of nowhere in North Wales. The fact that the nearest shop is 20 mins away, made me decided its about time i started making my own wine. I've been making wine from kits since Feb and i've just started experimenting with tinned fruit.

HA, never mind bread and milk - make sure you have enough wine in!!!!! Like it.
                    Brewing: Black Rock Cider, Milestone Olde Home Wrecker, port wines
                    Conditioning: Oranje Bock Bier, about 30 demijohns of wine of various types
                    Drinking: Steam Beer, Czech Pilsner, Dark Ale, lots of wine, Moonshine

Comment

• Too right!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Holly View Post
                        Hi Guys,

I live in the middle of nowhere in North Wales. The fact that the nearest shop is 20 mins away, made me decided its about time i started making my own wine.
                        Whereabouts is this homebrew shop Holly? Please and thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leon View Post
                          Whereabouts is this homebrew shop Holly? Please and thank you.
                          I meant nearest shop, as in nearest anything shop!

My nearest homebrew shops, that i've found, are Llanwrst, Mold and Oswestry.

Where abouts in Conwy are you? I'm near Cerrigydrudion

Comment

• Ah, I see, my mistake. Gosh! Cerrig, you are in the middle of nowhere, I can believe your nearest shop being twenty minutes away; and then I imagine it'll sell farming equipment. I'm a little closer to what passes for urbanity round these parts, in Rhos on Sea. The Stermat in Colwyn Bay covers all the essentials. What's the shop in Llanrwst like?

Comment

• Hello everyone, I have posted elsewhere but I think it was in the wrong place! I am new to this site but have been making wines on and off for years. I first used Marguerite Pattens "Home Made Wines and Drinks" version 1963. It was originally priced at 30p!! Since then I have used CJJ Berry's bible, the 1984 edition.
                              I am currently conditioning (is that the right word?) 2 gallons of Wurzel's Orange Wine, have just stabilised and am clearing Fruit tea wine and mixed fruit wine from my home bottle fruit. I also have Ribena wine and Apple and Red grape on the go and have just started one using Tesco Exotic fruit.
                              I look forward to asking for help and I am also looking forward to being part of this boozy community. Sanjo

Comment

• Welcome aboard - only remains to ask, have you tried why number one yet?
                                Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Working...
                                X