No announcement yet.

Introduce Yourselves here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After seven days the wine number one has slowed right down but I'm worried about the foam on the top it's really thick and is looking increasingly horrible. The SG has remained at 1.000 for two days and I'm thinking of racking into another DJ to get rid of this foam. It looks like rotting fruit. Any ideas please guys

Comment

• I'll echo what John says above: Don't worry about it and let it do its thing.

As long as it isn't smelling like rotten eggs, it's fine. Always remember, fermentation is nothing more than controlled spoilage. And yes, it can look quite unappealing at times.
      Steve

Comment

• I will echo that too. May the froth be with you !!
        Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• New to wine making - new to the forum

Hi all,
          my name is Pat, I have made the resolution to start making wine (on a small scale), I do not want to make it a business, it should rather be a passion to be enjoyed. I thought it's best to register in a forum first to get started and solve soome questions. So that's why I am here in the first place. I'll probably ask questions which the professionals amongst you find really boring, but I hope that's fine.
          See you later, Pat
          I am a wine-yyy guy

Comment

• Originally posted by drinkanddine View Post
            I'll probably ask questions which the professionals amongst you find really boring, but I hope that's fine.
            That is more than fine Pat

welcome aboard

regards
            Bob

(ps post moved to here)
            N.G.W.B.J.
            Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
            Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• hello all

hi my name is chris im really new too wine making
              i have just bought a 6 bottle kit and ordered a rose wine kit cant wait too start

Comment

• hi and welcome

post moved to here......
                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• hi my names chris just ordered my first kit and cant wait to start this week so be prepared for lots of questions lol

Comment

• Hi Chris

Welcome aboard

regards
                    bob
                    N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Hi I'm Al from Southampton. I joined the forum in 2009 and have lurked on and off since then and so I thought I should really introduce myself.

I used to make Boots wine and beer kits in the 70s then had a 30 year lay off due to work and family. Now back into it and started on Wine No 1 and a Beaverdale Barolla kit

Comment

• Welcome back
                        Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• Welcome (back)

regards
                          bob
                          N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Hello to everyone at Wine at Home, my name is Gary and I live Just outside Durham City in the NorthEast of England.

I have no experience at making wine or beer.

I've had a good look around over the past few days and this site is absolutely full of expert information and advice. I can't wait to get started, first thing on the agenda is to get the supplies in for a Number 1 Wine in the wine series.
                            Last edited by Gaztops; 04-06-2013, 07:55 PM.

Comment

• Welcome.......

Erm PM on its way.......
                              Last edited by lockwood1956; 05-06-2013, 06:02 PM. Reason: to remove the quote of the original post :)
                              Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

• Apologies to the Admin of the Wine at Home forum. I've edited my greeting post because of the content and legality of the post.

It won't happen again.

Comment

Working...
                                X