No announcement yet.

Introduce Yourselves here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those green witches mess up everything!

REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

• Welcome

REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

• Thanks for the welcome guys.

Bob, could be some time before I make it to a wine circle meet, I just can't keep anything longer than 6 months at the mo (waaaay to young for your tastes) due to me and the brother in law having wine tasting sessions a couple of times a week!!

Duffbeer, where in Fev do you work? I work at Linpac for my sins, I have worked there for almost 25 years so I must be quite a sinner (must be the wine!)
        National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard_S View Post
          Thanks for the welcome guys.

Bob, could be some time before I make it to a wine circle meet, I just can't keep anything longer than 6 months at the mo (waaaay to young for your tastes) due to me and the brother in law having wine tasting sessions a couple of times a week!!
          Your wine doesn't need to be old to take it to the wine circle

Karl (duffbeer) has taken some prizes with wines less than three months old.

He and I have regular "tastings" too

You will have to pop over next time......

and mebbe you an He (and your Bro in law) can share the taxi costs to the wine circle, don't get the wrong idea, we aren't wine snobs, we just meet and drink for relaxation.... I was so relaxed last month I had to be helped to the car (Isn't that right Karl)
          N.G.W.B.J.
          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard_S View Post
            Thanks for the welcome guys.

Duffbeer, where in Fev do you work? I work at Linpac for my sins, I have worked there for almost 25 years so I must be quite a sinner (must be the wine!)
            Don't worry about young wines Richard, Iv'e only been brewing eight months and I generally have little more than a few months old before it's drunk, the ponte wine circle is just a friendly get to gether of wine makers, old and young, it's a good laugh and well worth a visit, they welcome new visitors with open arms as the wine circles are becoming a dying breed unfortunatly.

I rent a unit at Green Lane Business Park, just to the rear of Linpac. Bob is just down the road at Knottingly and there are many members here within a stones throw.
            Stay in touch even if you don't fancy the ponte meeting, the forum is full of great advice, tips and generally a fun place to talk winemaking.

Oh and those imported grapes that Bob keeps pushing on us are crap so don't buy any. Just kidding Iv'e tasted the wine from them and it's darn good Keep in touch...Duff
            Discount Home Brew Supplies
            Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
            Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
            National Wine Judge
            N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• simultanious post again Bob? I need to get a life
              National Wine Judge
              N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                Your wine doesn't need to be old to take it to the wine circle

Karl (duffbeer) has taken some prizes with wines less than three months old.

He and I have regular "tastings" too

You will have to pop over next time......

and mebbe you an He (and your Bro in law) can share the taxi costs to the wine circle, don't get the wrong idea, we aren't wine snobs, we just meet and drink for relaxation.... I was so relaxed last month I had to be helped to the car (Isn't that right Karl)

Helped! I was thinking more like man handled or shoved (by his good lady Clare) his taxi driver,
                National Wine Judge
                N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                  Hi Fatbloke
                  welcome to our humble abode
                  Near Worthing then?
                  Bob
                  Yup
                  Originally posted by Hippie View Post
                  Welcome.

Aren't you missing a digit in your coordinate number?

See Bob's reply below
                  Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                  one digit less as he is near the Greenwich Meridian (well nearer than your good self )
                  I could always move the other side of Brighton to be even closer i.e. with time I guess I could find a house right on top of the Meridian - except it gets damned breezy up there on the cliff top!
                  Originally posted by Hippie View Post
                  Those green witches mess up everything!
                  Nah! probably some victorian/Imperial nut job, who just couldn't be bothered to think up an easier way of expressing lat/long

regards

fatbloke

p.s. Oh and as I'm one of those "spooky linux user types", any recipes for "open source mead (theres already open source beer - apparently) would be excellent.
                  Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

• Originally posted by fatbloke View Post
                    Yup

See Bob's reply below

I could always move the other side of Brighton to be even closer i.e. with time I guess I could find a house right on top of the Meridian - except it gets damned breezy up there on the cliff top!
                    Nah! probably some victorian/Imperial nut job, who just couldn't be bothered to think up an easier way of expressing lat/long

regards

fatbloke

p.s. Oh and as I'm one of those "spooky linux user types", any recipes for "open source mead (theres already open source beer - apparently) would be excellent.
                    FB "open source"? are you just looking for a few good mead recipes posted on this forum for free? I have one I used last year for strawberry melomel - it turned out great. Cheers
                    DAW

Comment

• hotsaxmark6

hello everybody, my name is Richard i have just started making my own wine. i have been advised that the elder flower concentrate yields better results than the actual flowers themselves. can anyone tell me how much concentrated you require to make a gallon of wine?

Comment

• A 1kg Tin of elderflower concentrate will yield approx 1 Gallon of wine, although I think fresh flowers would make better wine.

just my two pennerth
                        regards
                        Bob
                        N.G.W.B.J.
                        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Hello, Richard
                          Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• This wine circle thing sounds like the reverse of an AA meeting Gonna have a root through my small collection to see if there is anything older than a couple of months!
                            National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

• Welcome to the fold, Richard. It's wild!

REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

• Well if you're interested, the competition on monday is red dry it's not too serious just a friendly tasting thing, but fetch anything you like. If you look in the wine circle thread for Ponte you'll see the address and full details. Look forward to seeing you their
                                National Wine Judge
                                N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Working...
                                X