Question - 'Fruits of the Forest' wine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question - 'Fruits of the Forest' wine

Guys, been thinking about making a forest fruit wine. I've got a couple of Tesco forest fruit frozen packs here - would i be able to use these to produce it?

As far as i can tell, it's just fresh fruit (Cherry, Grape, Blackberry, Blackcurrant) frozen, with no preservatives etc. Would i be ok just to defrost the fruit and then make in the normal way?

Any ideas on method, suggested yeasts etc would be appreciated!!

Dave
    "There are 10 types of people who understand Binary; those that do and those that don't.........."

Originally posted by DaveH View Post
    As far as i can tell, it's just fresh fruit (Cherry, Grape, Blackberry, Blackcurrant) frozen, with no preservatives etc. Would i be OK just to defrost the fruit and then make in the normal way?
    Yup
    not made one using frozen fruit, but I would imagine 1 kilo (but more might be better) to a gallon would be somewhere near, adjusting SG to 1.090 (ish) add Nutrient (if not a good quality nutrient also add a vitamin B1 tablet) 1 tsp pectolase and 1 tsp acid blend per gallon, and perhaps 1/2 tsp tannin

yeast?
    Lalvin 71B-1122 or Gervin varietal D (no surprise there then eh?)

others may have variations on this theme.

hope this helps
    regards
    Bob
    Last edited by lockwood1956; 08-10-2007, 05:23 PM.
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

It will work well, follow the summer fruits recipe here in the recipe section and all should be ok.

Discount Home Brew Supplies
      Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
      Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
      National Wine Judge
      N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Top stuff, cheers chaps - will keep you posted on how i go!!
        "There are 10 types of people who understand Binary; those that do and those that don't.........."

Comment

Working...
        X