Good recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good recipe

Anyone got a good recipe for tinned apricot wine please, o'r dried.

According to CJJ Berry's making wine from canned fruit there are two basic methods method A is where pectolase is added and 24 hours are allowed to elapse (to allow the pectolase to work it's magic) before the yeast is added and Method B is where no pectolase is used (according to the book) However after much consideration, I

use method A and substitute apricots for the fruit cocktail. (two tins to the gallon will give it extra body)

regards
    Bob
    Last edited by lockwood1956; 25-11-2007, 12:56 PM.
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

I have recently had one of my best successes with a tinned apricot and peach white wine, lovely stuff.
      Boo

Comment

I really like apricots for making wine, seem to do better than peach. We have a product called "Vintners Harvest" that is a canned fruit wine base of many of the fruits and berries available - they also make great wine. I would suggest that if you ever have the chance to make wine with fresh apricots jump at it the next step up from the canned. Glad you enjoyed the apricot you made. Cheers DAW

Comment

Only just started this wine yesterday 10 lt using 5 tins., so only need to add the yeast today, which yeast should I use, I have two types, Gervin 5 and Gervin B.
          As I have another 5 tins what could you mix with apricot to make another wine.

Comment

I personally would go with the Gervin 5

regards
            Bob
            N.G.W.B.J.
            Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
            Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Mix the tinned apricots with white grape juice concentrate (WGC). Apricots have malic and citric acid. The WGC has tartaric acid, so potential for good balance is there.

REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

Yeast in gervin 5.
                How many cans of concentrate would I need for 10 lt between tinned apricots and WGC.

Comment

Originally posted by yul View Post
                  Yeast in gervin 5.
                  How many cans of concentrate would I need for 10 lt between tinned apricots and WGC.
                  If you are using white grape concentrate 1/2 pint per Imperial Gallon. I really like a citric fruit with apricots and for my tastes that would be 10% concentration of lemon juice concentrate (1/2-1 liter). You could also consider pineapple or gooseberry at the same concentrations. My opinion. Cheers Daw

Comment

Working...
                  X