cranberry wine??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cranberry wine??

ive started my first fruit wine using cranberrys, i got a recipe from of the web it said also to use rasians witch i have. it said to mince them but i used a food blender and blended them to a pulp then boiled the cranberrys and added them. was it ok to blend the raisans as i did, cos it looks like a muddy mess in a bucket now. i realy dont know how the mixture ive got will ever siphon in to any carboy i have, looking at the thickness of it.

Boiling the cranberry's wasn't a great move, it will release massive amounts of pectin. Ensure you add double the amount of pectolase, blending the raisins is ok, but it's best to rinse them in warm water first to get rid of the oils and gritty stuff they seem to have on them.
    What recipe are you using ? surely there should be an addition of water here to dilute the thickness of the must ?.
    Discount Home Brew Supplies
    Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
    Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
    National Wine Judge
    N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

How come this has come up twice? See previous in General Winemaking? My comments and hippies there DAW

Comment

Originally posted by StockeyDAW View Post
        How come this has come up twice? See previous in General Winemaking? My comments and hippies there DAW
        sorry for moving it. when i first asked about it i put it in general wine thread and then thought itr should be in this one as its a fruit wine im trying to make. sorry if i confused anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Duffbeer View Post
          Boiling the cranberry's wasn't a great move, it will release massive amounts of pectin. Ensure you add double the amount of pectolase, blending the raisins is ok, but it's best to rinse them in warm water first to get rid of the oils and gritty stuff they seem to have on them.
          What recipe are you using ? surely there should be an addition of water here to dilute the thickness of the must ?.
          i got the recipe of the net just looked around. trouble is now ive started it ive also found other recipes and they are all different in there own way in how to make it.ive got it on its way now with a starting SG of 1,090.just hope it turns out ok for my first fruit wine.

Comment

Working...
          X