Hazy Tinned Apricot Wine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hazy Tinned Apricot Wine

Fermented out great fined with kwik clear left at room temp cleared nicely, so I thought that I put it in the fridge knowing that I might get a haze and so be it it did, also knowing that the last one I did blackberry tinned with apple fresh did the same only it cleared itself within 3 weeks this apricot just ain't budging still as hazy as anything been there a good month, anything I can do to sort this apart from taking it out of the fridge and drinking it room temp.

Take it out of the fridge, ensure it's degassed correctly, add a tspoon of pectolase, stir and leave a week or two then re dose with kwik clear, or if it's only a slight haze and it's for your own consumption then just drink it.
    Discount Home Brew Supplies
    Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
    Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
    National Wine Judge
    N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

After addin the pectlase do I put it back in the fridge or leave it out.

Comment

Leave it at room temp till clear.
        Discount Home Brew Supplies
        Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
        Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
        National Wine Judge
        N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Well I took it out of the fridge and now that it is room temp again its clear would I still do the treatment of pectolase and fining's then try it again in the fridge.

Comment

I did the treatment as said put it in the fridge again to see if it solved the problem , but no it hazed up again, only this time though its not clearing back up at room temp even though I fined it again. Is this wine stuck to being hazy now or will thefiltering clear it up.

Comment

You could try it. I had a pear one that behaved like yours. In the end I filtered it and it got a bit less murky. I then put it in a dark cupboard and got on with my life until I suddenly discovered it months later when I was looking for something else. It was clear as a bell, tasted yummee and was a very good wine in the end.

I'm a great believer in selective amnesia when it comes to troublesome wines. Most cure themselves over time.
              Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

I have a wine that is still a little hazy at 1 year old, I might run this through the filter the next time I have the filter out.

If your wine keeps going hazy when you put it in the fridge why keep chilling it? As Karl says, drink it anyway, it won't hurt you.
                National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

I put it in the fridge to check if I do get chill haze as we drink all white wine chilled and I like it to be clear when chilled. Also I pass it on to friends.
                  There is another reason I put them in the fridge, even reds which I make and that is it makes the gunk more stable in the bottom when racking.
                  Thanks for the input, guess it'll be drunk in a mug then

Comment

Now I have thought about this a bit, quite a few of my fruit/fruit juice wines haze up a bit when chilled but don't look too bad when in the glass.
                    National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

Just make sure the glass is frosted too and then no-one will notice
                      Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

Working...
                      X