Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fruit Identification

I have found these and was wondering if i could use them to make wine

anyone know what they are? the edge of the leaf has crumpled since picking it but if it helps i can get another
    btw the fruit has quite a large stone in it and the berries are slightly translucent

Thanks

Des, I'd have thought that any currants would be over by now and the leaves look a bit wrong to me. Be careful and don't try too many. Some autumn berires are good for birds but poisonous to us
    Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

Originally posted by Mamgiowl
      Des, I'd have thought that any currants would be over by now and the leaves look a bit wrong to me. Be careful and don't try too many. Some autumn berires are good for birds but poisonous to us
      Looks like everyone all over the world roam through the woods looking for fruits and berries to make wine with....'same-o' over here on this side of the 'puddle'....they look good in the photos, this will be interesting, let us know if you go for it or not.

Comment

They don't look like currents to me. I don't know what they are but they look scary to me. Currents should have been done 2 months ago I think. I would contact someone who really knows before I'd do anything with them, like put them in my mouth.
        Life's more fun with a Polish Wine Princess!
        Half owner of Italian Floor Corker

Comment

The redcurrants also hang off their stalks like they are on a chain. Your berries are in a bunch. Note also that the redcurrant has toothed leaves, your leaves are not toothed.

Comment

fresh currants - never seen them with my own eyes. around here dried only.

Comment

This looks like a highbush cranberry to me. Check this link:

Cindie

Comment

This is my first post here (Sorry I will introduce myself soon)

Take a look here they have helped me it's called Name that plant

This gallery forum allows users to upload images of plants that they are trying to identify so that others may be able to help them come up with a name. Make sure you read the instructions on uploading as certain restrictions apply.
                Last edited by jlsherman55; 07-03-2006, 12:45 PM.
                http://www.myspace.com/kramus

Comment

Working...
                X