tinned fruit wine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tinned fruit wine

hi all im having a go at tinned fruit wine fruit coc ktail . i have mashed the fruit up in a bucket and added the sugar bits and bobbs . wot im not sure about is do i ferment it in the bucket or after the first 24 hours do i put the whole lot in a demijohn.

Starting gravity about 1.080?

Ferment in the bucket for a while, till the sg is down to 1.020 ish, then rack the juice to a dj leaving the pulp behind.

hope that helps,

Comment

yes thank you.

Comment

I hope your fruit cocktail turns out great. I did one and to be honest i found it a bit watery not a lot of body to the wine at all i would not do another one is it worth adding something to the mix to give it some extra body
        let us know what you think of the end result

Comment

i will let you know how it turs out. how long did yuors take to make.

Comment

My most recent fruit cocktail is now clearing, it's taken about a month and a half to get this far but my flat is cold so I think fermentation was slowed right down.

Comment

well its been 4 week since i started it and its clearing had a little tast the other day when i racked it and it was quite nice.

Comment

chuck a banana in (for body)
                Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Working...
                X