X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three new batches tonight

Tonight, I've started three new gallon batches:-

One:-
    2 litres Tesco Tropical 100% Squeezed Juice (Apple, Orange, Pineapple, Mango, Passion fruit)
    1 3/4 lb sugar
    1 tsp citric acid
    1 tsp tronozymol
    1 tsp pectolase
    Water to gallon

Two:-
    1 litre Sainsbury Pure Apple juice
    1 litre Tesco Pure Pressed White Grape Juice
    3/4 pt Elderflower cordial
    1 lb sugar
    1 tsp tronozymol
    1 tsp pectolase
    Water to gallon

Three:-
    3 litres Asda Orange, Peach & Passionfruit juice drink
    1/2 litre Tesco Value Orange juice
    1 1/2 lb sugar
    1 tsp tronozymol
    1 tsp pectolase
    Water to gallon

Gervin D yeast.

We'll see how it comes out.

You are going to love the pulp from batch ONE mine recently finished it is very fuity but there is a slight bitterness I asked if this may have been due to the passion fruit but had no response.Having said that the wine does seem to have a bit of body maybe from all that pulp ? for a juice wine ?

Might be simpler to do a wine N01 and chuck a tin of TFC in (Tropical Fuit Cocktail)?

Maybe less pulp......at least you get to catch the "bits".
    Last edited by plonky; 28-03-2009, 02:35 AM.

Comment

yeah, I can see the layers already. Looks like it might be as much fun as pineapple

Comment

^^^ I take it from that pineapple is a bit of a no no?

Like the sound of the sound of the elderflower cordial one!

Comment

Originally posted by converse1 View Post
          ^^^ I take it from that pineapple is a bit of a no no?

Like the sound of the sound of the elderflower cordial one!
          Ooh no, I've made it 3 times, twice with juice and once with tinned, and it's been good every time. I'm halfway through a pineapple and coconut (juice) at the moment and at last racking it tasted scrummy.
          Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

pineapple's lovely but the juice is quite stodgy and my experience is that it oozes ectoplasm out the demi

Comment

Did you leave enough space for rigorous ferment when you started it off? I've never had that sort of problem.

Mind you the pineapple and coconut juice says it has dried milk powder in it, which I didn't discover until I brought it home. I was hesitant at first to ferment it, but in the end I thought "Bugger it, I'll give it a whirl and see what happens." To begin with it appeared to have curdled and great lumps formed and it looked quite frightening. Suddenly it all subsided, settled into a nice tight lees, and when I racked it it was a clear as bell. Tastes good too.
              Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

As Jan says, pineapple is fine, though I always find it a bit strange when you see all the sediment it generates.

dunno why that might be, but I suspect that the juicing process means that it ends up with more fibre in it than other juices........

Not that I really give a toss, as long as it tastes good

regards

JtFB

p.s. with wines like pineapple, it just reinforces the suggestion of making it, initially, in a bucket, so that it has plenty of airspace for foaming etc and when you rack it off the pulp (I tend to do that between 1010 and 1030), you fill the whole DJ (I tend to make the batches at about 5 to 6 litres of juice to get a whole gallon at the end).
                Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

I make pineapple number one quite often, as my sister, and sister in law both love it.... Its a little too sweet for me.
                  I recently tried two pineapple to one grape juice, and sugar to 1.080... instead of one pineapple to one grape juice, sugar to 1.080...
                  The variation is dryer than a standard pineapple wine number one .... but sweetened , the verdict has been good so far

I hadn't thought of the coconut milk and pineapple before though... but its now on my list of things to try . Thanks Mamgi
                  Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

Working...
                  X