Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herbs & Spice

Hi all

Which fresh herbs or spice would you consider adding to a fruit wine to enhance its final taste.

For example, I read somewhere that adding a cinnamon stick to the must is a popular move. Are there certain herbs / spice's that work better with certain wines? When is the best time to add them? Before or after fermentation?

Boo
    Boo

I think anything you like the taste of will be something you could potentially add to a wine.

I think I would probably add it to a small amount (a bottle or a gallon) after the wine is finished, if I liked the effect it had on the wine I would maybe add it during the ferment, maybe even at the start.

I have seen Ginger, cinnamon and cloves in recipes. but I'm sure you could add all sorts of things.

regards
    Bob
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Chile of course

You could try rosemary. might be nice to drink with lamb if infused in a white wine. I made gallon of rosemary wine last year and it is going down well at the moment.
      I drink therefore I am.

Comment

Ginger worked well with my pear wine... All the fruityness at first then a warming afterbite from the ginger. I also use teabags and cinnamon. Most I add to the must at the start.

Comment

Originally posted by F. Hackett's Ghost
          Ginger worked well with my pear wine... All the fruityness at first then a warming afterbite from the ginger. I also use teabags and cinnamon. Most I add to the must at the start.
          Teabags- Opens up a whole world of flavouring, excellent idea.
          Boo

Comment

This site has some Idea's

http://www.myspace.com/kramus

Comment

Working...
            X