Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damson wine question

Hi,

I am new to wine making, and have just picked 22lb of damsons, which i am guessing is more than enough for 5 gallon of wine, although there are many recipes for 1 gallon of wine i can't find one for 5 gallon i presume the ingredients are just X5 for everything like fruit, sugar, yeast, but do you put in x5 campden tablets or is 1 sufficient regardless of amount of wine to be made
    sorry if this is a silly question but i have a lot of learning to do

If anyone has a recipe for 5 gallon or can point me in the direction of a useful thread i would be very grateful as my search has not yet found one

Many thanks in advance Alan

Hi Alan,

if you have the facilities, I would suggest making one gallon and freezing the rest if the damsons.

Because this is one of your first wines, it is entirely possible you might make 5 gallons of something you don't like. If you make a galln at a time you'll be able to adjust the recipe - then you'll have a proven recipe for next year.
    Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

If you do decide to make 5 gallons... the only thing you dont need to multiply by 5 is the yeast.. one sachet of that is fine.
      Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

Pete,

Thanks for your reply, that makes a lot of sense, also i must learn to walk before i can run

Alan

Comment

Working...
        X