Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mamade Anyone made wine from it ??

HI all
    Has any one tried to make wine from Mamade. ( prepared servile oranges that people make marmalade from ) ok ok Why , well why not !! got a tin taking up space in the cupboard
    I know that Ill need to add pectolose to combat the added pectin . Any other experience / recommendations ??
    cherrs Pad
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Pad View Post
    HI all
    Has any one tried to make wine from Mamade. ( prepared servile oranges that people make marmalade from ) ok ok Why , well why not !! got a tin taking up space in the cupboard
    I know that Ill need to add pectolose to combat the added pectin . Any other experience / recommendations ??
    cherrs Pad
    Hum? how about googling for "wurzels orange wine" and modifying that recipe, just so that it sweeter, than is likely from seville oranges ???

regards

jtfb
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Well, I've made marmalade with it and very nice it was too. However, although I did consider making wine from it I decided against as the orange shreds include all the pith and I thought it would impart that bitterness to the wine - not a nice flavour.

If you do decide to make it I'd be interested to hear how it turned out.
      Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

Well here goes nothing ( except 6 jars of marmalade ) this is what Ive done

1 tin of mamade
        small tin white grape concentrate
        750 g sugar ...... didn't put to much in as wasnt sure how much if any is in mamade
        zest of a lemon (oranges and lemons should work )
        2 tsp pectolose
        1 tsp nutrient
        1 tsp youngs high alcohol
        campdon tablet
        water to 5 litres ( using plastic DJ as running short and theres no guarantee this will work )

added mamade ,concentrate, lemon and chemicals to primary . poured on the just off boiling water ( with sugar in ) and left it to cool over night . then added the yeast
        in the morning . by 6pm its bubbling and has foamed up .

750 g of sugar gave me a sg of 1065 which im happy with to start . Ill add more once its established .... not decided how much though ???

Comment

Working...
        X