X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juniper Berries

Interesting!
    REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

I fired up a gallon of Martinas juniper recipe last week. It's in secondary right now.

I gotta wonder what it's gonna turn out like in the end.

It smells like pinewood.

Comment

If it tastes anything like Martina's you are on to a winner

regards
        Bob
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

i'm curious how this will turn out.

Comment

Got any pics of it yet? Had a taste?
            REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

horrible. really bad. pine needles. pine sol. i keep thinking this is a joke. hmm....

Comment

Apparently it is not a joke according to Jack Keller's review of one of the winepress.us forum member's offerings at winefest 06. Maybe it will get better? I think that recipe is on the winepress.us forum somewhere. Is that the one you used? Give us your ingredient list and the step ny step notes and maybe someone will see something amiss.
                REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

4 oz Juniper Berries (dried)
                  1 gal Water
                  1 Tsp Acid Blend
                  1 Tsp Pectic
                  1 Tsp Yeast Nutrient
                  1 Campden
                  1 Tsp Tannin
                  3 lbs Sugar
                  Montrachet Yeast

SG 1.085

I followed Martinas recipe to the letter and did everything like normal. I racked to glass at 1.020, using a slotted spoon to remove the berries. Everything cleaned and sanitized with K-Meta solution.The temperature of the basement is a steady 75. I didn't use a starter - sprinkled the yeast right on top. Not much lees. Martina said up to an inch, but I didn't get much at all. hmmmmm.....

Comment

The wine is still so young, and surely holding lots of co2. Way to soon to count it out or comment much at all really. Top it up very well when it gets below 1.000 and do not stabilize until you are sure it will get no drier. You might reach .990, never know. Be patient. It might end up being the best wine you have made yet. After the stabilizing rack, adhere to no more than once a month racking schedule off lees until it will go longer than a month without dropping anything else. Did that make sense? Sounds like it might be lacking acid, but you need to wait and address that after it is clear. Did I say be patient?
                    REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

I wanted to add that some Ingriedients need to be harvested at certain time's.
                      It is early to tell.
                      Im probaly going to harvest some soon, but For some reason I think I should of earlyer.

If it has a strong taste I think thats not bad -- - the berries I picked Each one Indiviualy tasted Bland.

Im not planing to go on forums really or the computer (Maybe to read some of the links espeacialy the cider link, and free cycle ), but Im doing other things with My Time.

Mybe I will stop by the general chit chat every Now ,and then.
                      http://www.myspace.com/kramus

Comment

Working...
                      X