Rhubarb wine method??.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhubarb wine method??.

I've been spending time reading up on old posts. This morning I watched the video about juice extraction...very interesting, made me think about my method of making this wine. I've now made (since a return to wine making) 25lts of rhubarb last year, 50 lts rhubarb this year using the dry sugar method....A quote from Bob..

"Pure rhubarb juice will produce a poor wine, and i find the sugar extraction method produces a wine that lacks finesse
    hope that helps
    regards
    bob"

This got me thinking, the reason I joined the forum was to learn how to make better wine, this goes for most folks on here I suppose. I still have 13 kgs of rhubarb in the freezer so I'm going to give the recipe/method of Colin on the video a go and see if I can make a better wine...

Cheers Guys
    BJ

I've got the rhubarb that Bob and Martina gave me at grapefest in the freezer, but I can't get to any of my HB kit at the moment, to leave it defrosting in the shed a la Colin Tweed......

But I want to use his method so I can make a Rhubarb mead. I was intending keeping back some of the juice to top up with.......
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

I got so close to doing another 25lts using the dry sugar way, that I'm looking forward to making this wine in a different way. It'll just have to wait for a while, what with the apple I've just done, I still have a load of apples coming off folks that know I can use them... someone has now told me that they have a load of pears for me....: Bob posted somewhere about putting apples in the freezer and then into the press for a way around not having a scratter. We have 2 tall freezers, 1 undercounter freezer, 2 larder fridges... all to stay on top of all the fruit/veg off the lottie. I've got a tall fridge made into a keggerator and a small larder fridge wired up as a fermentation fridge...and on top of all this...I'm waiting on the smegging grapes to ripen. would it not be easier to buy the stuff???

Comment

Working...
      X