No announcement yet.

Elderberries the European Way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been checking out the web and here are some interesting things about elderberries. Elderberry flower recipe and elderberry wine recipie and other interesting things. DAW Look forward to the recipe booklet.

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
      I have just found a copy of "Winemaking with Elderberries" by T. Edwin Belt (now out of print) which contains 115 Elderberry recipes, using 6 basic methods
      When time permits I will reprint some of it on the Forum here.
      see here

This book is no longer in Print, it is a fantastic resource, so I thought it would be useful to reproduce sections of it here (as time permits...it's a long process for a slow typer! :D) over 13000 words so far phew! I will also covert it to a down-loadable file once it is completed So that it will be out in the public domain

will update it as I go along, once its finished I will open the thread for normal postings, otherwise the posts will disrupt the flow
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

over 13,000 words thus far, and some yummy looking recipes as i was typing them in i earmarked some for future use.
        just thought that because the book seems so rare these days, (none listed when last checked on eBay or amazon) I thought I would reproduce it here.
        lengthy job but hopefully worthwhile at the end.....but more elderberry and elderflower wines than you can shake a stick at.

N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Thanks for all that, Bob.
          Spoilt for choice now
          Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
            over 13,000 words thus far, and some yummy looking recipes as i was typing them in i earmarked some for future use.
            just thought that because the book seems so rare these days, (none listed when last checked on eBay or amazon) I thought I would reproduce it here.
            lengthy job but hopefully worthwhile at the end.....but more elderberry and elderflower wines than you can shake a stick at.

Thank You for all that info: For those that have elderberries in their wine making agenda a wealth of information. It's OK Bob I know how you feel about time---I have been retired for a number of years but still have trouble finding time to do anything. I agree we need a life to do what we enjoy. Cheers DAW

Comment

Working...
            X