No announcement yet.

Tannin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wines working like a mad thing and the SG is now 1.010..i had a little lick of the hydrometer..it tastes like vomit..LOLOL. I really hope that improves!

I can't stop laffin..its tragic

Nia xx
    Last edited by Cariad66; 27-01-2008, 09:50 PM. Reason: typo
    Everybody should believe in something; I believe i'll have another drink!

Comment

Crazy horses but i checked it today as i was checking other wines so i thought why not and its 1.000 and tasted lovely! I was really panicked about this one becouse i was sure i'd put too much sugar and honey in! Phew got away with it.
      Right what comp do i enter it in then!! Bring it on!

Nia xx

Comment

Go for it, the national, Weston Super Mare mid March.
        Discount Home Brew Supplies
        Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
        Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
        National Wine Judge
        N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

How bout go for March 2009 ?

REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

Crazy horses but i checked it today as i was checking other wines so i thought why not and its 1.000 and tasted lovely!
            Alright! that sounds great! Tasting is always the way I check my wines. Write down your impressions. For the next time around.

I was really panicked about this one becouse i was sure i'd put too much sugar and honey in! Phew got away with it.

It's usually the wines that we panic about that turn out the best.

Right what comp do i enter it in then!! Bring it on!

Nia xx
            Yay!!!!

Between you and me, we're going to take on Bob and Karl in Weston in March!

Dani
            Virtual Wine Circle & Competition Co-Founder
            Twitter: VirtualWineO
            Facebook: Virtual Wine Circle

Comment

OHH a boy's 'v's girls challenge eh.
              National Wine Judge
              N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Uh Oh!
                N.G.W.B.J.
                Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Its my son's 18th birthday on March !4th so i'm sure i should hang about for that. Saying that he thinks i'm gay and seriously uncool so he might not want me within 10 miles of him

Nia xxx

Comment

Aaarrr teenagers eh.
                    National Wine Judge
                    N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

3 months down the line

3 pounds fresh apricots

1 1/2 pounds sugar

1 pound honey

1 pound high quality dried apricots chopped

Juice of 2 lemons

1 teaspoon lemon zest

1/4 teaspoon grape tannin

1 teaspoon yeast nutrient

1 teaspoon pectic enzyme

1 Campden tablet

1 package wine yeast

Cut fresh apricots in half, remove pits and cut the fruit into quarters. Put the fruit in the fermenter and cover with sugar. Mix 1/2 gallon of water with the honey in a suacepan and bring to a boil. Skim off the foam. When no more foam rises to the top, add the chopped apricots to the honey mixture and pour over the fresh apricots. Add the lemon juice, lemon tannin, yeast nutrient, pectic enzyme and Campden tablet to the mixture. Let stand for 24 hours.

Add the yeast and let the mixture ferment for one week, stirring daily. Remove the solids and pour the liquid into an airlocked fermentation vessel. Let ferment for one month. Rack again and let ferment for two months. Rack again then bottle, cork and cellar the wine.

Wait at least six months before sampling.

Makes 1 gallon
                      Well being as i'm Miss cobble together 2008 i was short on apricots so shoved a handfull of sultanas in there..i only had 1 lemon and no tannin

I cannot get this wine to clear. I put it outside for a week and no change. Put extra pectin in there and Vin Clear (in date) and nothing..Is this a sub standard product? Thinking about it i tried it b4 and it was poo....Where next?

Comment

Add another tsp pectolase (in fact I would add another 2 because of the hot water used in the process)

give it a gentle stir in and leave it a week, if it doesn't clear then give us another shout
                        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

I agree with the above, but regarding the vin clear....... it's not very good, I have used it before with dissapointing results, try the Ritchies Kwik clear it works a treat.
                          National Wine Judge
                          N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

I'll drink the bugger no matter what anyway..lol
                            Tonights recipe will be mango,guava and white grape juice..yummy Considering i prefer red wines i make an awful lot of white

Nia xxx

Comment

Dont use hot water on the fruit, use it to dissolve the sugar, but then allow it to cool before adding to the fruit. (solves a lot of haze issues)
                              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                                Add another tsp pectolase (in fact I would add another 2 because of the hot water used in the process)

give it a gentle stir in and leave it a week, if it doesn't clear then give us another shout
                                Ok i did all that and it still looks mucky as 'ell. Any more suggestions?

Nia xxx

Comment

Working...
                                X