Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Duffbeer View Post
    Probably the best mead
    Why thank you kind sir. I'm really glad you enjoyed it, as I've said before my interest is in the more ancient production of alcohol, so I've always been pleased with it, I think the lack of rush and continual fermenting makes it very different from more modernised recipes. I'm also really suspicious of chemical additions !

I'm quite interested I trying a Bronze age repro beer some spanish Archaeologist collegues had a play with, it is suposed to be very different !

One day hopefully they will be a swap on when I'm doing small ale.

Comment

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
      I need to find some packaging too, before Richard S gets too impatient
      Errm, I need to find some too. Are we sending standard bottles or de-canting into plastic bottles?
      National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

• Well, I recieved my bottles today, from Rich, and was hugely impressed with the labels on them. (I'm a visual person, so things like that matter to me.)

I've only tasted one of the bottles so far, and that was the chocolate raspberry port.
        It's a great drink! First you get the chocolate hit, then the raspberry, and then the portiness of the drink. I'm not sure I coud drink this in any great quantity though, but this bottle is going to be jealously guarded from Mr Lush.

Rich's two will go in the post tomorrow, (aren't the Wilkos packing things cool?) so with a bit of luck and a prevailing wind, he'll have them by the weekend.

I'll reoprt back when i've drunk the bottle of white - I'm saving that for tomorrow night when I get some peace and quiet.
        HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard S View Post
          Errm, I need to find some too. Are we sending standard bottles or de-canting into plastic bottles?
          I was just going to wrap up a couple of standard bottles.
          Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Got mine today will be doing some tasting tonight thanks Benarnold

Comment

• I hope mine arrive with Lush soon, They were posted on Sat with Parcel farce! I'll worry about them by Monday The Lychee is replaceable, the choc rasp port isn't!!

Comment

• I can see from this that you'd not read what I posted on here yesterday
                HRH Her Lushness

Comment

• Originally posted by Her Lushness View Post
                  I can see from this that you'd not read what I posted on here yesterday
                  No, unfortunately.

I have now though.

Glad you liked the choc rasp port. Don't leave it open too long!!

I'm all excited about getting a parcel that isn't from ebay winnings

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich View Post

Glad you liked the choc rasp port. Don't leave it open too long!!
                    Silly man! It's gonna be gone by Sunday if Mr Lush gets another sniff of it!
                    HRH Her Lushness

Comment

• I was just gonna post 2 standard bottles..... as I dont really have the time to faff about and decant into plastic ones

And I dont have a Wilko's near me... so the packaging will be incredibly bespoke

I hope to get the parcel in the post in the next few days
                      Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Dont sweat it Carole

it will be just fine
                        N.G.W.B.J.
                        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Thank you to Ben for sending me the wines i received them no problems i have a rhubarb and an elderberry.

I have opened the rhubarb one tonight and i must say that i am no wine judge this is only my opinion but for a rhubarb wine it has a very nice bouquet it does seems a little bit fizzy upon pouring the first glass but a vey pleasent drink it tastes quite dry but does seem quite bubbly i am having it with my tea and it is going down very nicely thank you very much Ben i am looking forward to the eldeberry which i will sample tommorow night

Comment

• Make sure there degassed Carole no pressure

Comment

• N.G.W.B.J.
                              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Originally posted by Darren View Post
                                Thank you to Ben for sending me the wines i received them no problems i have a rhubarb and an elderberry.

I have opened the rhubarb one tonight and i must say that i am no wine judge this is only my opinion but for a rhubarb wine it has a very nice bouquet it does seems a little bit fizzy upon pouring the first glass but a vey pleasent drink it tastes quite dry but does seem quite bubbly i am having it with my tea and it is going down very nicely thank you very much Ben i am looking forward to the eldeberry which i will sample tommorow night
                                I do seem to have a problem with fizzy wines when they're not supposed to be, think I need to do something about that. Glad you liked it though

I received your wines today no problems, have the Lychee in the fridge and am delaying making pizza so it has a chance to chill properly... getting hungry (and thirsty) now though!

Comment

Working...
                                X