Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top banana Rich

great job

I'm really looking forward to it too (don't stress Carole)
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• One bottle of Parsnip and Perrier on its way to you for starters then Bob
      Last edited by Duffbeer; 27-02-2009, 08:34 PM.
      Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Is cloned Bob not up for a wine swap Carole ?

Also watch out for Bob, he only gives his crappy wines away, keeping the goodies for himself, everytime I go for a bevvy I've noticed his wine racks marked friend or foe
        Discount Home Brew Supplies
        Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
        Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
        National Wine Judge
        N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Originally posted by Duffbeer View Post
          Is cloned Bob not up for a wine swap Carole ?

Also watch out for Bob, he only gives his crappy wines away, keeping the goodies for himself, everytime I go for a bevvy I've noticed his wine racks marked friend or foe
          Maybe thats coz you only THINK that Bob regards you as a friend...
          HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

• Mine went on Sat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich View Post
              Mine went on Sat.
              And I'm REALLY looking forward to tasting it!

Hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow...
              HRH Her Lushness

Comment

• Tuesday? No chance, not with parcel farce delivering it.

they might though, but not until later on, when you've given up hope and popped down the shops for less than 10 mins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich View Post
                  Tuesday? No chance, not with parcel farce delivering it.

they might though, but not until later on, when you've given up hope and popped down the shops for less than 10 mins.
                  DOH! I'm out tomorrow afternoon for "high tea" with the kind old gentleman that gave me 20lbs of rhubarb last year. I'm taking him a few bottles of his own rhubarb wine along with a selection of other stuff I've made. I'm hoping that I get invited back for more rhubarb again this year , so yes, Persil force are BOUND to call then!
                  HRH Her Lushness

Comment

• I couldn't find any bottle mailers in our Wilkinsons, so I had to improvise...

It turns out that the Amazon.co.uk size 'A' boxes are the perfect size to fit two wine bottles and some bubble wrap. Hopefully they'll make it to Darren without harm.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Thanks for organising this my bottles went out yesterday & I'm told they have arrived. OHHHHHHHH the tension !

Comment

• Originally posted by benarnold View Post
                        I couldn't find any bottle mailers in our Wilkinsons, so I had to improvise...

It turns out that the Amazon.co.uk size 'A' boxes are the perfect size to fit two wine bottles and some bubble wrap. Hopefully they'll make it to Darren without harm.
                        I'm afraid mine were rather inelegantly wrapped in bubble wrap and a poly mail bag, yours look so much prettier !

Comment

• Just posted mine off i too could not find the mailers in wilkos but i had a Roger harris wine box did the job hope they get there in one piece

Comment

• I need to find some packaging too, before Richard S gets too impatient
                            Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Originally posted by Mel View Post
                              Thanks for organising this my bottles went out yesterday & I'm told they have arrived. OHHHHHHHH the tension !
                              Muuuuhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaa, actually no tension, I received Mel's bottles this morning, all in a good state of repair & well packaged two tons of bubble wrap to be precise, but all are well and some of that bubble wrap is on it's way back to Mel waste not & all that.
                              Ok so my thoughts were:
                              The everlasting mead, which I had shown in an earlier thread a sort of "eeergg not for me" sort of attitude, turns out to be.......

Probably the best mead I've ever tasted, now don't get me wrong I'm not a big mead maker or drinker, but to me this is how a mead should be.

Firstly the bouquet is that of honey but also slightly infuenced with pleasant floral aromas, it has a taste of honey that is not overpowering or too sweet that it becomes cloying, it is high in alcohol, but not one that burns in the mouth, one that warms the gullet and stumach after consuming.
                              This is a wonderful, well made mead, to be honest it would make a perfect winter warmer, well ballanced in every aspect and a joy to trade.
                              Well done Mel, very nice indeed, I shall try the vine cutting soon.
                              Discount Home Brew Supplies
                              Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                              Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                              National Wine Judge
                              N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• EEEEK! That sets the standards pretty high for the rest of us...
                                HRH Her Lushness

Comment

Working...
                                X