800 75cl bottles on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danpug View Post
    Thats the problem then, i can't crimp them! Not that it really matters as they seal fine, it'd be nice to be able to do it properly though.
    Ah, right, got it.....

the downside is that the crimper tool (manual one) is about the €350 mark..........

regards

jtfb
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

we did not buy or worry about them crimper far beyond our costs
      Wine from grapes is alright, but nothing beats the proper stuff to make wine with.

Comment

Originally posted by hedgerow View Post
        we did not buy or worry about them crimper far beyond our costs
        I'd have thought that something like a small set of either plastic jawed or plastic coated jawed pipe grips (as used for decoratively plated pipes - i.e. like chrome) might do a passable job of crimping the seal part of such caps.

or something like taking the seal part off a cap and using maybe a paper strip or blob of sealing wax to show a seal and indicate a bottle had been sealed since filling was untampered with.........

Just a thought anyway(to make best use of these types of bottle).........

regards

jtfb
        Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Working...
        X