No announcement yet.

Ready for Xmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they still do it, I'd make a no#1 using M&S Peach, Passionfruit and Pineapple juice.
    I made some last year, and it tasted really tropical.

Comment

I don't like to disagree with Bob, he knows his stuff, whereas what I know about wine making could be written on the back of a very small postage stamp!

What I do know, is that the only reason to make a JAO mead, would be to make it ready for crimbo 2012!

There are too many variables i.e. you may find that it tastes totally barf! when young, or it might not be clear in time, or it might still be fermenting, etc etc etc

Yes, Geezer B is right in the sense of it being quite a christmassy sort of schlurp, but the issue with all meads, is that there's no real guide line as to how long it will take, some of them can take years to come good, whereas it does seem that only a few are good when young!

Sorry to dispute your point Bob, but IMO even JAO shouldn't be considered worth drinking in less than 6 to 9 months (and yes, I have tried all of the versions/variations of it that I've made and that's always how it's worked out). Of course, taste and flavour/enjoyment are all relative.....
      Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Working...
      X