No announcement yet.

Ginger Root?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When i do my ginger wine i use about 1lb of root ginger per gallon. I add 1/2 lb at the start and ferment for 5 days, then strain off, i feed the wine for a bit with sugar, then when it drops to about SG1000, i add the other 1/2lb, as a late addition. It seems a lot of ginger, but the first lot gives hardly any flavour, its adding it as a late addition that boosts it, but even though its a pound in weight in total, its not that fierce. Its really goes down well with friends who have tried it.
    So i would think that 1oz added at the begining is not enough, you would certinly want to up it a bit.
    Everybody should believe in something -- I believe I'll have another drink....

Comment

Originally posted by Old un View Post
      Put it the DJ today, had a little taste, cannot really taste the ginger, I used 1 oz of ginger root.

In the recipie for 3 gallions it said 3 ozs I think it could do with a little more?
      I would have thought that is not enough
      Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

I have never used Root Ginger before, [Never made ginger wine] I was just going with what the recipe said, I have some Root Ginger in the freezer about 3 ozs I think I will cut it up and put it in the DJ

Comment

I have put the other 3 ozs in the DJ how long would you leave it.

Until its finished working?

Comment

Working...
          X