• Show
Clear All

Yup! Good, innit?
    Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

Originally posted by Mamgiowl View Post
      Yup! Good, innit?
      Heehee,Iknow this is off topic but I gave a bottle to my sons friends mother (as I regularly do) and usualy get the empty back in a couple of days, but the rice n raisin bottle wasn't seen for about six weeks. So I said to the lad when he returned it "didn't your mum like it" he replied "no it's been in the fridge for weeks untill my Grandma came last night and she drunk it all and fell asleep in my bed" lmao
      Discount Home Brew Supplies
      Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
      Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
      National Wine Judge
      N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Isn't it great this hobby? See how it brings families together
        Let's party

Comment

Originally posted by Mamgiowl View Post
          Isn't it great this hobby? See how it brings families together
          Absolutly... poor lad having to sleep next to his drunk granny
          Discount Home Brew Supplies
          Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
          Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
          National Wine Judge
          N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Probably scar him for life. Ten years from now he'll still be having therapy for PTS.
            Let's party

Comment

Just went and counted - I didn't realise I had 12 x 1 gallon demijons and a half DJ. One of them is quite a bit smaller than a gallon, as I found when racking off and it almost overflowed.

Comment

Well I've been trying to do things "on the cheap".

I think I've got about 6 or 7 glass DJ's (1 gallon) either waiting for racking or full and bulk aging.

Plus I've got 3 x 19 litre "water cooler" bottles on the go and 2 x 12 litre "water cooler" bottles on the go.

I'm just waiting for a 34 litre glass jobby to turn up that I bought online last week, though that will be mainly for making high alcohol wash so I can distil it later (it seems that I can make the spirits quicker than any kind of wine i.e. about 10 days from initial mixing, right through to the distillation).

I'm impatient, so it's nice to be able to do some brewing in such a short space of time, it means that I can leave my mead brews to do their own thing.

regards

fatbloke

p.s. Oh and I have to buy all my glassware, because I don't know anyone else locally that makes their own wine. Top dollar is a bit of a bummer!
                Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Working...
                X