Suggestions for a good white wine kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robwrx View Post
    Ha, funny you should mention that as yesterday I went on a hunt for a tin of lychees in my local supermarket but they didn't have any. I had spotted the recipe and thought I would give it a go but I haven't found any lychees yet.

Rob
    The past couple of years, I noticed that some places, like Aldi and Lidl have offers on them in the run up to the Chinese New Year, which this year is the 3rd Feb.
    I haven't really been looking this year... but maybe they will have them in ?
    I did make a wine number one using a litre of Rubicorn lychee instead of the apple juice, and it was very lovely.
    Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

Yup, Lidl on Thursday, 63p for a large tin.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
        Yup, Lidl on Thursday, 63p for a large tin.
        Trip to Lidl on my way home tonight it is then

Comment

And me, my first ever gallon of lychee is still in primary, but it smelt so good going in I feel the need for more :-)

Comment

Originally posted by robwrx View Post
            Trip to Lidl on my way home tonight it is then
            Today is Wednesday, they may not have them out yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
              Today is Wednesday, they may not have them out yet!
              That is a very good point!

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I started a Beaverdale Pinot Grigio today, my very first 30 bottle kit

I haven't decided on the second kit yet as I will probably have to wait until next month before splashing out again.

Rob

Comment

A quick update. The Beaverdale Pinot Grigio is finished and bulk ageing. I did have a little taste and thought it was remarkably good for something so young. The Kenridge Classic Chardonnay has been started and is already in the secondary fermentation bucket. Roll on the summer.

I got slightly sidetracked from ordering a Sauvignon Blanc from either Kenridge or Winexpert and have ordered an Advintage Celebration del Mondo Californian Fumé Blanc. I liked the sound of the writeup for it so bought it on impulse. It has 16litres of concentrate so I'm hoping it is going to be good.

Has anyone had any experience of the Advintage kits?

Rob

Comment

I just picked up two Selection NZ SavBl from my friendly LHBS... I know it's expensive, but of all the wines I've made it stands out as a piece of pure purrrfection. So I've also made up a Cantina Pingo to keep everyone's hands off the NZ come BBQ time and I've been eyeing up the natter about lychee... somewhat to my surprise I found a tin of vintage lychees in the pantry, I think that's a must try for the next time there's nothing on TV (so that'll be soon then). But for those who have yet to pluck up courage to fork out £3 a bottle for homebrew... don't do it! The stocks are going to dry up one day and then what will I turn to?

I'd be most interested to hear if someone who knows the Selection NZ SavBl and has come across anything similar in another kit, I've tried 8 different whites and perhaps only the Alsace Riesling comes close (but a little off-dry for the critics in the family).
                    Now bottling 20DJs of 2013 red and making room to rack 5 carboys of 2014 red to the DJs where they can wait for another winter.
                    Thank goodness for eBay! (local cache of DJs)

Comment

Originally posted by ToulouseLePlot View Post
                      I just picked up two Selection NZ SavBl from my friendly LHBS... I know it's expensive, but of all the wines I've made it stands out as a piece of pure purrrfection.

I'd be most interested to hear if someone who knows the Selection NZ SavBl and has come across anything similar in another kit, I've tried 8 different whites and perhaps only the Alsace Riesling comes close (but a little off-dry for the critics in the family).
                      I too have got a Selection New Zealand Marlborough Sav Blanc on order and really looking forward to drinking it. The reviews I've read from people that have made it have been fantastic but all that have left it for a minimum of 12 months have said it evolves into a great wine.

Speaking of evolving, the Beaverdale Pinot Grigio is now 10 months old and has really matured into a very nice wine. The first few bottles I had at 3 months old were drinkable and pleasant but the wine has now developed some depth and complexity and has a very good bouquet. It just goes to show what patience and a little time can do.

Rob

Comment

Working...
                      X