Lychee Wine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richard_S View Post
    Anyone got a recipe for lucky heather wine?
    Somewhere yes, it's aged on handcrafted clothes pegs

Comment

and a curse goes with it if you don't degass
      Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

this evening i checked the gravity of my lychee and its just below 1.000, so have strained and racked it, happy days.
        Bubbling slowly in a dg now..

Alan

Comment

Well done you! it'll be worth it.

Comment

Update guys,
            i done the usual, when fermenting finished and now in just 5 days or so i have 5 inches that is relay clear... soooo i had a taste of the wine from the top of the dj, its very pleasanly nice, but i think lacking a little strengh, it reminds me of a wine that i have purchased in the past, very pleasant and a very socialble drink. i am this weekend going to start another 10 gallon, possibly 5 gallon as recipe and 5 gallon with the added vanilla sugar as i did with my first gallon
            all in all a very nice and very drinkable brew, (i just hope i can leave a little to mature a little)

Alan

Comment

The bottle of Lychee wine that I entered in the Lincs Fed show came first, what a cracking wine this is.
              National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

Well done Richard_s, that's 2 firsts with it then you've had!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                  Somewhere yes, it's aged on handcrafted clothes pegs

oak clothes pegs?

French Hungarian or American?
                  N.G.W.B.J.
                  Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                  Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Originally posted by Richard_S View Post
                    The bottle of Lychee wine that I entered in the Lincs Fed show came first, what a cracking wine this is.
                    I would have to agree hence brewing another 10 gallon

well done guys and thanks for a great recipe

Comment

10 Gallons!!! wow. I'm just about geared up to make a 5 gallon batch of it.

Are you doing the 10g all in 1 lot? or split?

Any tweaks to any of it, so you don't end up with 60 bottles the same?

The recipe I posted was my first go, which turned out well. But if we oucld compile a list of various tweaks people have made, and how it turned out that'd be great. I could even update the first post with them then.

If made it with different yeast, and made another batch that aged on some american oak cubes for 1 month. At botling time it was brill, but I've since tasted a bottle and not so impressed. hopefully it'll come round after a few months in the bottle. (Both Bob and Richard_S have a bottle of this, so we'll see what they think!)

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                        10 Gallons!!! wow. I'm just about geared up to make a 5 gallon batch of it.

Are you doing the 10g all in 1 lot? or split?

Any tweaks to any of it, so you don't end up with 60 bottles the same?

The recipe I posted was my first go, which turned out well. But if we oucld compile a list of various tweaks people have made, and how it turned out that'd be great. I could even update the first post with them then.

If made it with different yeast, and made another batch that aged on some american oak cubes for 1 month. At botling time it was brill, but I've since tasted a bottle and not so impressed. hopefully it'll come round after a few months in the bottle. (Both Bob and Richard_S have a bottle of this, so we'll see what they think!)
                        Hey rich, i followed the recipe exactly ecept for the addition of vanilla sugar edit: and citric acid, i purchased this from tesco, i think it was 89p for a 150g tub, as i only brewed 1 gallon i cant compare with not using it, however.. yes i am making 10 gallon in 2 batches, 5 gallon with the original recipe and 5 gallon again with the vanilla sugar, when i rack into djs i may add to some flowers/a little somthin to experiment with.
                        When i said it tasted a little weak i was comparing this with the wine number 1 wine that i made, only 2 gallon of this left now lol so must also get some more fermenting bins and get brewing.
                        I will of course keep you all posted on the outcome with details of any changes i made to the recipe if any.
                        Alan
                        Last edited by alan66; 19-09-2008, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Have just added the yeast to a 5 gallon batch guys, i used the recipe to the note with gervin no2strain gv2 yeast..
                          Alan

p.s another 5 gallon will be started later this evening

Comment

Another first place and best wine in show, Lychee strikes again.
                            National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

It took a Highly commended also ansd I got a third with it at Lincoln (I think)
                              N.G.W.B.J.
                              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Good work guys, mine is bubbling away like a goodun, 10 djs of lychee all blooping away

Comment

Working...
                                X